LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    When I take our wii to the grandparents house I just use the recessed ceiling lights above the projection screen(wall).

Doesn't allow pointing directly twords the screen but works fine for menus...

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by xstatic
    When I take our wii to the grandparents house I just use the recessed ceiling lights above the projection screen(wall).

Doesn't allow pointing directly twords the screen but works fine for menus...
    yes, that is what I am doing now, kind of a pain where my Wii is located, I have to focus between a certain area in the room

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by r00ntje
    If you are really building your own sensor bar, keep in mind that putting the sensor farther apart will increase the precision. Or you could go without a sensorbar completely...

I heard about some Japanese guy that found out that putting burning candles on both sides of your TV works even better then a sensor bar. Candles also emit infrared, so this could work. I havent heard much about other people trying this yet.

Anyway, theres your basic wireless sensorbar.
    it's not that it requires infrared light, it just requires light period, remember infrared is an invisable beam of light that only IR recievers and cameras can read, that is why they are used on CCTV cameras for dark areas, so nobody knows that the CCTV camera can still detect in that area

And i'm not putting candles on top of my LCD HDTV, narrow ledge, it could fall, also i'd get wax all over it

also, I don't want light glaring in my eyes, that is why I went with IR, and the lights I use for focusing right now is a pain

Ok, just so everybody knows my plan

Last edited by gamechaser001; 02-10-2007 at 03:46 PM.

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help

Member #
    Friends
    Im a cover commer, so I would not suggest making one it looks tacky and cheap. Plus nyko(sp) just came out with a brand new wireless one. Its a bit bigger then the original one, but A. its wireless B. looksthe same. C. has a longer span (by a few feet)

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitendo
    Im a cover commer, so I would not suggest making one it looks tacky and cheap. Plus nyko(sp) just came out with a brand new wireless one. Its a bit bigger then the original one, but A. its wireless B. looksthe same. C. has a longer span (by a few feet)
    I agree, if it looks tacky, no point in using it, at least in a visible distance and location, but if it isn't visable to us, how is it visable to the Wii-mote? Anyway i've seen them online, and it's a good price too, but I already have the parts I need and for under $10, I can make 2, I already bought 10 LEDs for $6, I have the wiring, the only thing I need is the resistors, but there is no point buying resisors if you don't know your resistance, otherwise you bought trash can filler if you know what I mean, or they won't be bright enough for the Wii-mote

Also, i'm too close to my television for a wider one to work
    Last edited by gamechaser001; 02-10-2007 at 08:27 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Don't forget, you can always buy an official sensor bar for $10 and then cut the wires to hook up a battery pack or a dc power supply.

http://store.nintendo.com/html/Ninte...3&parent=62707

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Don't forget, you can always buy an official sensor bar for $10 and then cut the wires to hook up a battery pack or a dc power supply.

http://store.nintendo.com/html/Ninte...3&parent=62707
    true, if I can get one to work with parts i have laying around though, I think that would be better, $10 is a great price and all, but i'm in some really big money issues right now

Member #
    Friends
    7602-6865-7785-2166
    Keep in mind that a LED is basically a short circuit with a voltage drop across it.

Assuming 1.7V and 25mA for your LED

V=IR
    9V-1.7V=25mA*Rohms
    7.3/.025=292

So try a 300 Ohm
    xstatic is right on in how to figure out resistance for the circuit. For basic run of the mill LEDs, figure 1.7 to 2 Vdc and 20 to 25mA current. I'd really recommend a datasheet to make sure you can get the max brightness out of the LEDs. Otherwise, as someone else pointed out, you can use a fine trim variable resistor initially set at 300 Ohms and adjust it for max brightness. Just be aware that you'll need something like a digital camcorder, camera or webcam so you can see the IR output and watch for when it peaks right before it burns out. Or you can just use a few visible red LEDs in place of the IRs to peak the circuit with instead.

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    @OP: Salvaging your Sensor bar? I don't think you need to take the sensor bar apart. All you need to do is cut the cord (lolz). Find a guide, someone cut the cable and put in a plug. Some resistors and stuff had to be done, but still you won't need to take apart the sensor bar. Also, i am making my own Sensor bar from scratch i got LEDs and Perf board and all that junk. Hope to have time to put it together...

Member #
    Friends
    2254-6848-7088-9365
    Quote Originally Posted by gamechaser001
    I would reccomend that you run several LEDs in parallel rather than two LEDs in series. You will get max brightness out of the LEDS if you arrange them in parallel because you are supplying them with the full voltage of your batteries rather than V/# of LEDs.

Ads