Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by tighr
    I would reccomend that you run several LEDs in parallel rather than two LEDs in series. You will get max brightness out of the LEDS if you arrange them in parallel because you are supplying them with the full voltage of your batteries rather than V/# of LEDs.
    I thought about different wiring plans, i'm thinking that since i am working in a confined space, and I plan to have different connections on it later down the road (AC plug, differnt batteries, etc), the circular like current is better than parallel since I may be switching resistor/power source kits depending where I am and what batteries are readily available, I originally wanted to run of of AA/AAA batteries since they are readily available where I live (we don't buy 9V very often, not many devices I own that run off of them), but if 9V batteries are easier to work with, I can start on that and move to other battery choices later down the line, it just sounds confusing to use parallel if I would be switching my battery type

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    So nobody knows the best thing to do? I'm just planning on making a wireless sensor bar that works and works well, right now I am just wondering what I can use to see what resistance level it requires

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help

Member #
    Friends
    Why did you even try and make your own. Look, Nintendo went through the trouble to make the wired one look good and work well....SOOOO....Adapt theirs to become wireless....IE figure out what voltage they output on the pins and put the correct battery configuration instead of the wii. Most likely its a 9V comming out, so all you would do is connect a 9V battery to the current sensor bar pins. Keep it Simple.

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by viperjason
    Why did you even try and make your own. Look, Nintendo went through the trouble to make the wired one look good and work well....SOOOO....Adapt theirs to become wireless....IE figure out what voltage they output on the pins and put the correct battery configuration instead of the wii. Most likely its a 9V comming out, so all you would do is connect a 9V battery to the current sensor bar pins. Keep it Simple.
    you didn't read the whole thread did you? Somebody already gave that idea, and did you see how I refused? Honestly, you think I am going to cut my sensor bar wires when people who tried fixing their broken wires, even after attaching the wires in the right order, had problems afterwards?

I thought everything out, I am asking one simple question, nobody seems to be getting this, the only question I am asking is...

WHAT IS THE RESISTANCE LEVEL!!!

I know that all IR LEDs are not the same, but there are similarities, also, if there isn't any set resistance level, is there a tool that will tell me the required resistance level? Simple question, just looking for the answer, no "just buy the nyko one" or "just use candles" or "cut the wire on the one you have and attach a 9V", I have the parts, I have everything I need except the resistors, but like I said before, if you use the wrong resistors, the bar is a good as garbage, in other words, the IR LEDs would burn out and become unusable

[edit]
    here's the link to the guy that tried splicing the wires back together, just imagine his Wii as a 9V battery
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post277679
    Last edited by gamechaser001; 03-20-2007 at 01:59 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    so i'm guessing that there is no tool?

Member #
    Friends
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    Have you googled it?

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    haven't thought about googling it

Ads