LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Esco27
    From what I've read, it already has the capability but requires some kind of firmware update to unlock this feature. Don't take my word on it, just some gossip I heard around here.
    Just rumors and gossip; No true to it.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by csiguy4u
    Just rumors and gossip; No true to it.
    Yeah I made that pretty clear, but thanks for the extra enforcement.

Member #
    Friends
    Hooked my Wii up to my new LCD screen yesterday. 1366 * 768. With a Wii component cable. Looks like crap compared to a SD tv... Very disappointed. Thinking a BIG SD plasma might be the go for Wii and any other SD stuff (dvds etc)...

Oh well.

DMMA

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think everyone is looking far enough back to realize something very pertinant to this discussion. The Nintendo Wii is roughly as powerful as the original Xbox, agreed. And maybe even more powerful than a PS2. Both of these systems had games that ran in 720p AND 1080i (MX vs. ATV Unleashed for Xbox and Gran Turismo 4 for PS2 were both 1080i games). So why would it be impossible for the Wii to achieve resolutions that the PS2 and Xbox were able to output?

I don't think it's up to Nintendo to allow their system to support HD resolutions as much as it's up to the developers to take advantage of the systems power and resources to do it through software. PS2 did NOT have an HD setting in its system, nor require a software update to allow Gran Turismo 4, through an in-game video setting, to display in 1080i during gameplay. Why should the Wii be any different?

Member #
    Friends
    7808-6544-1890-2927
    and everyone stops responding once someone gives a correct response.......why does everyone doubt the wii's capabilities?! that pissses me off. hear this. it CAN support 720p at a good framerate. give it 12-18 months maybe by summer 08 or something

Member #
    Friends
    8112-1897-2331-9869
    Quote Originally Posted by DMMA
    Hooked my Wii up to my new LCD screen yesterday. 1366 * 768. With a Wii component cable. Looks like crap compared to a SD tv... Very disappointed.
    I've seen this complaint a lot with Component Cables and HDs, but mine looks absolutely awesome with Comp cables in my 32" Magnavox LCD HD. I mean the picture is crystal clear and the colors are bright and vibrant. There must be some inherint explanation for the washout on some sets or with some brands of cables. My compenent cables are an a generic brand as well.

ScuzzBuster
    Old Skool Gaming

Member #
    Friends
    7223-7031-2631-4774
    I've never had a HD tv so here is a question from someone how is a complete noob on this subject - if you have a HD tv that supports the top resolution (Whatever that may be) and the wii runs only at 480P, what does that imply? Does it mean that it wont run it or will it stretch etc...?

FC: 7223 7031 2631 4774

Wii Games: Zelda TP; Godfather Blackhand Edition; Splinter Cell Double Agent; Redsteel; Transformers; RE4 (Wii Edition); Wii Sport; Wii Play; Mario Galaxy 360 Games: GRAW; Assassins Creed; Mass Effect; Splinter Cell Double Agent; Forza2; Viva Pinata

Member #
    Friends
    [QUOTE=logansneo]I don't think everyone is looking far enough back to realize something very pertinant to this discussion. The Nintendo Wii is roughly as powerful as the original Xbox, agreed. And maybe even more powerful than a PS2. Both of these systems had games that ran in 720p AND 1080i (MX vs. ATV Unleashed for Xbox and Gran Turismo 4 for PS2 were both 1080i games). So why would it be impossible for the Wii to achieve resolutions that the PS2 and Xbox were able to output?
    [QUOTE]

im not sure how powerful the wii is, but i know for sure that the gamecube beat the crap out of ps2 with power, graphics wise AND that most games made for the xbox also didnt stand up to the cubes graphics in such games are resident evil 4 and zero.

Member #
    Friends
    2188-6506-5465-4428
    Who cares about HD.

Writersmuster - -No External Links

Worldwide Writers connected

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by DMMA
    Hooked my Wii up to my new LCD screen yesterday. 1366 * 768. With a Wii component cable. Looks like crap compared to a SD tv... Very disappointed. Thinking a BIG SD plasma might be the go for Wii and any other SD stuff (dvds etc)...

Oh well.

DMMA
    I hooked up the Nintendo component cables to a 60" LCD and got really bad results. There are a lot of pixelated artifacts. Is this common for large sets?

Ads