LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0899-3813-3193-9083

Wii Component to VGA HDTV cable?

Im a proud new owner of a Wii console system, but i got a little question that i hope can be answered.

Seeing as how the only HDTV compativility with Wii is the new Component cable, that kills off a bunch of Projectors, and some TV's. my Projector is HDTV compatible with all settings BUT has no component input. it can do S-Video, RCA or RGB. (if anyone cares its a Toshiba TDP S20)

my question and possible request is, will Wii make a HDTV S-Video cable? id gladly buy it.

OR

does anyone know a way to convert Component HDTV to S-Video(or RCA)? (without losing the HDTV quality/setting of course)

thanks for your time

Last edited by stock; 12-29-2006 at 02:53 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by stock
    Im a proud new owner of a Wii console system, but i got a little question that i hope can be answered.

Seeing as how the only HDTV compativility with Wii is the new Component cable, that kills off a bunch of Projectors, and some TV's. my Projector is HDTV compatible with all settings BUT has no component input. it can do S-Video, RCA or RGB. (if anyone cares its a Toshiba TDP S20)

my question and possible request is, will Wii make a HDTV S-Video cable? id gladly buy it.

OR

does anyone know a way to convert Component HDTV to S-Video(or RCA)? (without losing the HDTV quality/setting of course)

thanks for your time

You need a converter mainly a small box that allows you to plug in RCA or S-Video. Then it goes out S-video or even RCA if you wish. I use a DVI-I cinverter on my LCD screen for my Wii through HDTV cables for the wii and as for your other question im not sure if nintendo will make a s-video cable for the wii but s-video looks terrible commparred to HDTV anyways.

Find a box that converts HDTV to s-video. HDTV to RCA doesnt exist that would be just down sizing the quality.
    --Gear-dev

Member #
    Friends
    0899-3813-3193-9083
    hmmm thanks for the info. one question still, tryin to understand more about this HDTV thing.

ive been checking around and im very curious as to:
    can i go Component to VGA HDTV for a price cheaper then 150$? damn converteres are bullshiet cause they do more then i want or need. lol.

however!
    i found the item below for 35$ on ebay, but i guess im askin for an opinion. Looks good from what i read but still unsure. its kinda of confusing:

KEY FEATURES:
    Enables display of progressive DVD players or Component Video HDTV set top boxes on VGA monitors and projectors.
    Automatic formats - 480p, 720p, 1080i/540p.
    Drives two VGA monitors.
    Enables display of XBOX games at 480p, 720p, 1080i/540p on standard VGA monitors and projectors.
    Compatible with XBOX game machine component AV pack adapter.

it says it converts HDTV displays to "standard VA projectors". does this mean it would actually display at HDTV quality? in any case my projector is compatible with HDTV displays, but when i see standard, i think basic crap

http://cgi.ebay.com/Progressive-Comp...QQcmdZViewItem
    "Connect your Component Video source, (Satellite/OTA Component Video HDTV set top boxes or progressive scan DVD players) to your VGA monitors and projectors."

anyways thanks again for your time again
    Last edited by stock; 12-29-2006 at 02:28 PM.

Ads