LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Actually I baught both the wii and the ps3, the ps3 is a serious machine I think Sony know where they wanna go but , they just havent figured out how to get there yet. The wii could have done with at least hdtv ability ......going forward these consoles tend to stay around for at least five years before the next model comes out.I can say without a doubt the following , my setup is a toshiba hm56 56" dlp tv with 2 hd inputs and resolution up to 1080p
    I have the xbox360 , ps3 and wii the ps3 outperforms everyone in graphics.
    Sony have few good games though.
    The wii is for differant games than what you would use xbox360 or ps3 for.
    The wii's concept is great but I honestly think given the fact that they do not dvd playing ability they could have added hidef ability.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    why do you want dvd playability on a wii? everyone have a dvd player for movies. even if the wii could play dvd movies no one would play them there. Nintendo didnīt put it there for marketing strategy, so they can say: "media? weīre not into that kind of thing, we are games." Cause they could put the wii reading dvds at almost no cost.

Not going hdtv was an error in my opinion, and they should have made the wii way more powerfull (more memory, hdtv capability, dual core processor, ect), but as werenīt going for hdtv that was no need for that. And the arquitere of the wii, beeing the same as gamecube can make much more easy to program games for the wii and take advantage of itīs full potential. I wonder if that potential will be enough in time. :x

I love my wii, I always loved Nintendo, and Nintendo made a great enterance in the new console war, but they must do better if they want to keep winning. The wii have the remote, have great online capabilities, is cheap and good conection ports, now Nintendo MUST make full use out of it to bring all we are expecting for the wii, not just wii sports or gamecube ported zelda.. itīs cool, but everyone wants more.

Member #
    Friends
    While I agree they could have done it better (like including component cables or having 720p minimum), I think they are going for a different type of system. Just look at the concept of a Mii. They are going for the animated look and not photo realism. This allows them to concentrate of taking advantage of the new controllers and ignore just making pretty graphics. It also keeps costs down so much that they will make a fortune on volume by making the system more accessable.

For many people spending 500+ dollars on a video gaming system is a large part of their disposable income, for some they'd rather spend the money on a bigger computer. Even for people who have large incomes, spending $500+ on a toy for their kids with no educational value (other than teaching them hand eye cordination) is a big deal. I'm curious to know what the sales numbers for the "leapster" is....

While I would like cleaner graphics on my TV, For sheer fun, the Wii seems to be the trick.

Member #
    Friends
    1) We don't yet know the full capabilities of the Wii, also think about how amazing the controls are. The nunchuck is basically a joystick without a base, it's like a free moving joystick. Also the remote is amazing for throttle and things like that. This system has alot of unlocked potential.

2) The PS3 is a good machine, just wait until the game developers harness the multiprocessor Cell chip: can anyone say AI? This system too has alot of unlocked potential.

Just give the software developers time to learn how to use the new cutting edge hardware.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yeah. The GFX could have been improved but thats not what they were about really. I would have accepted the Wii to be bigger to put in better Hardware as long as it's not the size of a 360. The PS3 is Too big for it to be Stylish and the Wii made it Stylish for a FrontRoom.

The Wii's aims were

- A Nice small friendly console for the whole family - To do this they made it small and since it was a family item it had to look inviting. Which it does

The Wii gets 10/10 on achieving what it was meant to do..

Though for hardcore gamers it gets 6/10 because of the GFX

And for Fun gamers it gets 10/10. It's fun

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    give it time people, most of the games are ported games, or the developers havent use its full potiental, i think Wii will have better graphics when its using its full potiental, look at Super Mario Galaxy the graphics are better than sunshine, also look at the Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it has way better graphics than SSBM how can you say it doesnt have great graphics, just give it time nintendo won't use its full capabilities just yet, they have to give it time.

NINTENDO DS lite :
    New Supermario Bros.
    Pokemon Diamond Version FC: 0215-7277-2942
    POKEMON BATTLE RECORD: 2-2

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveryanfrenzy
    1) We don't yet know the full capabilities of the Wii, also think about how amazing the controls are. The nunchuck is basically a joystick without a base, it's like a free moving joystick. Also the remote is amazing for throttle and things like that. This system has alot of unlocked potential.

2) The PS3 is a good machine, just wait until the game developers harness the multiprocessor Cell chip: can anyone say AI? This system too has alot of unlocked potential.

Just give the software developers time to learn how to use the new cutting edge hardware.

And by the time the developers figure out how to take advantage of the PS3's cell chip, the next version of Wii will be out. Remember Sony loses money on every PS3 they sell and Nintendo makes a nice profit. So Nintendo will be able to upgrade things faster and keep the price point for replacement low, where Sony has to amatorize their investement by keeping the system for a while till the components come down in price so they can make a profit.

Cheers,
    Corey

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyNJ
    And by the time the developers figure out how to take advantage of the PS3's cell chip, the next version of Wii will be out.
    Huh?

I think we can give the developers a little more credit than that.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Smurf hit the nail on the head here. The Wii has a different target audience to the PS3/X360.

It aims to indroduce people to gaming who wouldn't normally be gamers, and it's certainly done that with my family.

It caters for 3 year olds to 83 year olds, again has done that in my family.

Any real gamer will know that good graphics don't make a good game, and anyone who says otherwise is just a fanboy and not a real gamer. Shiny graphics soon wear thin.

I'm not trying to show off or anything here, but I have the luxury of being able to afford any of the 3 consoles. I went for the Wii. It's fun, it doesn't take itself too seriously, and it is so so innovative.

Hats off to Nintendo, again they have come up with something totally original by daring to be that little bit different. I hope it works out for them, they deserve it in my opinion.

Member #
    Friends
    My relatives, all rather snobby, turned their nose up when I told them I was planning on getting a Wii. The only one who was interested was my 87 year old Grandad.

For Christmas when my relatives came over to my family's house, I quietly invited Grandad to have a go at bowling with out telling anyone else because I knew they'd poke fun at me and my Wii. Grandad can walk but needs a walker and he finds it hard to stand up. So he bowled sitting down by swinging his arm down beside his chair. Grandad has trouble operating his VCR, DVD player and TV but not the Wii. He picked it up what he had to do almost immediately.

Grandad was hooked and as soon as everyone saw how much fun he was having, everyone wanted a go. They all had a good laugh creating their Mii and having them compete in Wii Sports.

Now just over a week on, out of the relatives that came over for Christmas, they have bought 3 Wiis between them.

Now try and tell me that Nintendo failed or didn't do as well as they could have.

Ads