LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3689-9398-2998-5239

Just found this..Good for Wii or Not?

Sorry if this has already been posted, just found this...

http://www.wiikey.cn/

Its the 3rd card of its type i've found in the last 3 days! I can't decide wether these sort of hacks are a good or a bad thing for a console?

On the plus side - Being able to backup your games, play imports and run homebrew is fantastic.

But on the down side - We all know most people use these things for running iso's gathered from P2P apps, which is piracy and not good.

...Whats everyone else think?

Hello all, btw

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2970-8339-9250-7065
    wow dude that loks great!!! i not sure if they make it a bit dodgey eheh ??

Member #
    Friends
    i wouldnt go for it yet though.

Member #
    Friends
    7300-6469-2862-5349
    I think if u use something like that ur a complete f**khead.
    Did anyone else read what I wrote before?!
    When I connected my Wii to the internet I took my time to read through the terms and conditions. It said that by clicking "Accept", you give Nintendo permission to randomly check (via system updates) for any use of pirated materials.
    I hope anyone that uses these kind of things DO get caught. Why be a tightass?! Go out and get a job and work for the games that we have the PRIVLEDGE of playing. You heard me, it's a PRIVLEDGE, not a RIGHT. I will never use pirated materials... people that do are selfish, tight-ass pricks.
    What i've got so far: Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Play, LoZ: TP, Marvel: UA, Rampage: Total Destruction, WSOP: ToC, Excite Truck, TMNT Wiimote x2, Nunchuck x2, Classic Controller, Fan/Neon Lights, Wiimote Charger, Skins - Blue, Black, Pink, Green, Component Cables, Trial Opera Browser & Classic Games: DK Country, SimCity, Super Mario Bros., Kid Icarus, Super Mario World, Street Figher II, Castlevania IV, Zelda: LttP

Virtual Console Addict jessetheinferno's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8939-6293-6641-5032
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpacSnakepit
    When I connected my Wii to the internet I took my time to read through the terms and conditions. It said that by clicking "Accept", you give Nintendo permission to randomly check (via system updates) for any use of pirated materials.
    I hope anyone that uses these kind of things DO get caught. Why be a tightass?! Go out and get a job and work for the games that we have the PRIVLEDGE of playing. You heard me, it's a PRIVLEDGE, not a RIGHT. I will never use pirated materials... people that do are selfish, tight-ass pricks.
    i see your point, even though your opinion is a little extreme...

but lets watch and see as nintendo actually tries to monitor all these people and do something about it... not gonna happen

Member #
    Friends
    1619-0952-0931-6224
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpacSnakepit
    You've focused on users who use modchips to play illegal "backups" of games. However what about those that want to play imported games? They may still be purchased, but because we're from another country we are not privileged to play them?
    No I'm not going to mess with my wii for a long time, but I can see the desire to be able to play games not released in ones own region.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by zerboxx
    You've focused on users who use modchips to play illegal "backups" of games. However what about those that want to play imported games? They may still be purchased, but because we're from another country we are not privileged to play them?
    No I'm not going to mess with my wii for a long time, but I can see the desire to be able to play games not released in ones own region.
    They'll release official things for that such as the Action Replay for the Gamecube.

Ads