LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i Run a Dell 1400 Projector Series on my wall is why i tried for Wireless but it didn't work even after an exchanged it so i am going make my own wireless sensor bar now i got all the parts from Radio Shack the other day for less than $7.

Member #
    Friends
    I have a 6-yr-old Sony XGA projector that rarely used at home. After trying Wii at my friend's place on a TV, I am convinced that projector is the way to go for Wii since you need a lot of room for movement. I got my Wii set up the first time yesterday. At first, I used the standard sensor bar to see whether it works good enough before I opened the Nyko wireless one. I had problem in positioning the wired sensor bar and a sensitivity issue. After an hour, I switched to the wireless one. I observed big improvement in sensitivity and the stability of the pointer. We had a lot of fun playing tennis and bowling in our family room yesterday with a ~60" projection and standing ~10ft away. My hands are all tired right now.
    I don't see any problem with the wireless sensor bar. If you are using a projector or large screen projection TV, the wireless sensor bar is highly recommended. I paid $18.09 for it including tax.
    Last edited by billcsho; 05-21-2007 at 10:09 AM.

DYP
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Valley
    I don't see why anyone would need a wireless sensor bar because the standard one already has a very long wire. I have a large TV and I still have no problem with the wire length. Wireless things are always cool, but unless there is some special situation it seems that a standard one would work just fine.
    I agree but this doesn't work for some of us that have a projector which generally means that the receiver is located away from the screen where the sensor bar must be placed.

If I used the standard sensor bar, I'd have a long cable running across my media room.

I have to say running Wii on component video on a 110" screen is not too bad. Definitely lower quality than HD but pretty decent.

Member #
    Friends
    I just figured out the wireless sensor is just 2 infrared lights (some yellow light works too) around 10in apart. One can easily make one but $20 is not too much more than the parts and effort for the job either. It would be a nice DIY project though.
    Last edited by billcsho; 07-24-2007 at 12:00 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Wii_Tard
    The link does not even work
    Well yeah, it dosen't work NOW, it was taken down some time ago, but I myself did see the site, I don't know if the site was fake or not, but I don't care because I wasn't planning of buying one there anyway (I wanted to build one, I think my thread is still up, click the link in my sig), I am still trying to build the one mentioned above, but I got the Nyko one for free from a place I can not say, the Nyko one is compatible with the stand that comes with the wired sensor bar, it's a little bigger than the stock wired one, but it works pretty well, but then of course, as mentioned before it does take batteries, so pick up some rechargables your next time out if you plan to get one, but compaired to the wired one, I love the wireless one, no wire for the cats to chew and not having to worry where to place the wire

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Member #
    Friends
    7235-4625-7908-8208
    great thatl take of that nasty cword

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Ads