Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7406-9963-5867-2266

HOT to the touch when in standby

well guys i just got the wii on friday, awesome machine. however, when i have the wiiConnect24 on system standby, its get HOT, not warm HOT. needless to say i turned the standby stuff off...but now when i go into the news or weather channels, they say wiiconnect is off, it isnt just the standby (i can still go to the wii store and download games for instance)
    i dont want another system to fry on me...360...but id also like to see the news and the weather, any help would be appreciated

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4860-4777-3462-9105
    Quote Originally Posted by NINTENDO4lifeB
    well guys i just got the wii on friday, awesome machine. however, when i have the wiiConnect24 on system standby, its get HOT, not warm HOT. needless to say i turned the standby stuff off...but now when i go into the news or weather channels, they say wiiconnect is off, it isnt just the standby (i can still go to the wii store and download games for instance)
    i dont want another system to fry on me...360...but id also like to see the news and the weather, any help would be appreciated
    well mine's dont get hot at all,um...............do you keep it in a close place?
    got jump ultimate stars so if any of you guys like battle online PM me with your friend code mine is 3308-0607-4038

Games i cant wait to play
    Bleach Wii(US)
    Super Smash Bros: Brawl
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles -- The Chrystal Bearers

Member #
    Friends
    3258-9028-1778-7785
    well everyone at first complains the wii gets hot, however nintendo do make qualitiy prodcuts and it is hoter when horizontal, in my own opinion if you have it vertically like it should be, and have wiiconnect24 on like it is made for, then how could it brake?

Also there is a search bar down the right hand side, there are plenty of topics on this and everyone says the same thing as you, and the replies are the same as myne.

Member #
    Friends
    7406-9963-5867-2266
    yes i do know that there is a search bar, but im not going to look through pages and pages of crap before i find the answer. In fact i did look throguth a lot of crap and no i didnt see anything about wiiconnect and overheating, i saw wiiconnect issues, and people saying their machines were overheating, but not a one in the same issue like mine. The Wii is placed on top of my lil entertainment center next to my hdmonitor, it has about 6 inces of breathing room, on one side i have a LCD monitor which is about 2 inches thick, and the other side is a lil shelf system. i dont think it is a space problem.

Member #
    Friends
    3258-9028-1778-7785
    Well i have seen many threads on this topic and it is mainly people just plain and simply worried about their brand new Wii, how hot is it? there has to be a reason while yours is "HOT" and everyone-elses is "Warm".

Member #
    Friends
    7406-9963-5867-2266
    well do u own a 360, or have at least touched that thing after about an hour of playing, it was hotter then that....thats why i said HOT!!!!!!!! but im not even worried, i can live without those channels, i do have cnn and the REAL weather channel, and with it off, it is cool, hell even cold to the touch, so forget it, i figured maybe there was some quick fix, and it seems there isnt, BTW yes my system is vertical

Member #
    Friends
    My Wii got pretty HOT when I left it on the carpet.

It wasn't as hot as my graphics card on my Gaming PC after a couple of hours of hard FPS gaming, where the heatsinks are just at the point it would scald my fingers, but it was as hot as walking barefoot on a concrete sidewalk during the summer when the temperature is right around 102 degrees Fahrenheit.

I don't have an XBox360, but was the amount of heat similar to that? To walking barefoot on hot concrete during the summer with the mercury hitting right around 102F?

...my Wii still works...
    Crazy? Crazy!? I'm not crazy, I'm just not user friendly! - Roberto

Member #
    Friends
    It depends on the ambient temperature in the room. In Australia for instance, we have very, very hot summers (35 degrees C +). And my room gets very hot while i'm at work.
    I came home once to find my Wii basically too hot to touch, ever since then i have turned Wiiconnect24 off, before i turn the console off.

Maybe Nintendo have built the Wii to withstand this sort of temperature, but if experience has taught me anything, electronics and heat don't mix.

Mario Strikers Charged FC: 017281 652912
    Pokemon Diamond FC: 4596 6548 3757
    Name: Sam

Please send me a PM if you add

Member #
    Friends
    So everyone says don't worry...youre just being parinoid...what about the fact that as I was playing a game my system just shut off...no warning. I had to unplug it then plug it back in to start again...i didn't pay $250 for my game to shut off!!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NINTENDO4lifeB
    Dude, you should go get a cooling fan for your Wii! I got mines and it works great! The only problem is that it is kinda loud leaving it on during standby mode but it works great!
    Nintendo Wii

3 Controllers, 2 Nun-Chuks, 1 VC Controller, Intercooling Fan, Legend of Zelda- Twilight Princess, Redsteel, Warioware: Smooth Moves, Super Paper Mario

Black Nintendo DS Lite

New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, Pokemon Diamond

Ads