LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simple Question

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Simple Question

Will games that slowdowned in gc because of its processing power, still slow down on wii even though it has more? thx
    YA BOOOOI#3

Member #
    Friends
    Well, it has just a little bit more power than the xbox (not 360) and mine almost never slows down when i'm playing games so yeah... probably not.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Thats a good question and I would be interested in knowing the answer. It does have more power than the GC but it may not be able to utilize that extra power while playing GC games.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManArmy
    Will games that slowdowned in gc because of its processing power, still slow down on wii even though it has more? thx
    No games every slowed down in my GC. . .maybe you had a defective GC?

Member #
    Friends
    To answer your question yes, they will continue to slow down. Why? Because the GC game doesn't know it's in a Wii and the GC hardware doesn't know it's in a Wii. As far as they both know, they are in a GC. The games nor GC hardware use ANY of the Wii's specs, only the GC's. Try ejecting a game during play and it will say close the GC lid. We know the Wii doesn't have a GC lid. Here's a GREAT example of a noticable slow down. If you own a copy of NCAA Football 05-06 for the GC, play Miami and watch their intro. The fog effect uses alot of the GC's memory and GPU power so it slows down the frame rate to compensate. Now, the Wii has more power but play this game in the Wii and it still slows down as if scripted. So long story short, they will continue to slow down..... On the plus side, if you use Wii Hi-Def cables though, GC games will appear sharper!

Member #
    Friends
    Ohhhh, i see what you're saying. Ha. Okay, yeah, I'm not too helpful. Sorry.

Member #
    Friends
    I find thesequestions wierd, i mean you guys are that impacints to wait a MAX of 8 seconds for something to load. thats pretty pitifull.

-I dont think it slowsl down. Mine never dose, and i play gamecubea lot on my wii.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitendo
    I find thesequestions wierd, i mean you guys are that impacints to wait a MAX of 8 seconds for something to load. thats pretty pitifull.

-I dont think it slowsl down. Mine never dose, and i play gamecubea lot on my wii.
    Well they are talking about more of a lag during memory intensive scenes than the loading time. Also before you start talking down to others I suggest you learn English.
    JK but seriously.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    I skipped the whole GC era (went with the PS2), so I could be wrong, but I would say no. The only reason is because, unlike computers, all consoles are 100% the same (in thier series, all PS2s are the same, all the XBOXs are the same, all gamecubes are the same), that is unless you install a mod chip, but that voids your warranty though dosen't it? A computer on the other hand can be upgraded without void of warranty, so, since all consoles in their series are 100% the same, the same console used to test the game, is the same as the ones they sell, also, since they know the limit, it wouldn't be right to make the game have problems on the console they are making it for, even if they know the limits, and tested the game. So if there are games that run slow or have any other problems, the game creator has ran into a problem.

Long story short, I would understand something like that happen to a computer, but with a console? There's a problem somewhere, I don't think the Wii will change a thing

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Ads