LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0554-7647-3242-2709

Similar Wiimote Problem

So I was totally gonna play SSX Blur, but my Wiimote will not turn on. I press the A button, the lights start blinking, then they just stop. So I change batteries. Same thing. I press the sync button on the Wii, then the Wiimote, and it blinks for about 15 seconds and then stops. I press the 2 buttons at the same time, and the same outcome happens.

The weird part is, I was at the "Press A button" screen when I first tried to sync them. It advanced me passed that screen, but no hand on the screen.

Someone said Nintendo suggested trying to "dejam" the sensor, but that didn't work either. Both Wiimotes are doing the same thing, and both were purchased seperately. The original Wiimote was sent to Nintendo before I purchased the system for similar problems.

I read similar posts, but their problems occured in the middle of gameplay.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    My wiimote had the same problem then i packed it away hoping to return it but then i tried it a day later and it worked fine. Try it in a diffrent room becuase mine worked there and i dont think that has a diffrence though. But try the remote a day later or so.

Member #
    Friends
    do wat laderer said. my friend had the samr problem and thats how his got fixed

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    So I was totally gonna play SSX Blur, but my Wiimote will not turn on. I press the A button, the lights start blinking, then they just stop. So I change batteries. Same thing. I press the sync button on the Wii, then the Wiimote, and it blinks for about 15 seconds and then stops. I press the 2 buttons at the same time, and the same outcome happens.

The weird part is, I was at the "Press A button" screen when I first tried to sync them. It advanced me passed that screen, but no hand on the screen.

Someone said Nintendo suggested trying to "dejam" the sensor, but that didn't work either. Both Wiimotes are doing the same thing, and both were purchased seperately. The original Wiimote was sent to Nintendo before I purchased the system for similar problems.

I read similar posts, but their problems occured in the middle of gameplay.
    dude....same thing happened to me when i got blur. I freaked out. I was like wtf happened to my controller. When i pressed something all four lights would show up. I tried syncing and taking out the batteries and putting them back in. Then finally i unplugged my wii and plugged it back in, and it finally worked. And what's more scary is that it didn't work when i tried SSX blur . Also does anyone have problems with SSX Blur? Cause the game freezes about 45 mins into the game everytime. It kinda sucks....

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Well I waited about 30 min. Then unplugged my Wii to get the serial number to register it, plugged it back in, and they magically worked again.

SSX has never froze on me though.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Ads