Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Console Freeze.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Console Freeze.

I was turning on my wii this morning and the screen was black. my Wiimote just flashed once and turned off. I cannot turn off my machine. I ended up unplug the cable in order to turn it off. Does anyone have this problem with their Wii?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Yes, I did have this problem.

Or sometimes it would freeze during the update.

However, I just done what you did (unplugged the mains) and then it worked fine

Member #
    Friends

Wii Freeze

Really? Do u think it is a problem though? I never update my Wii so far coz I do not have internet connection yet. I am just a bit concern because I only got it for 3 weeks. I am thinking about calling Nintendo tomorrow and find out if there are any hardware problems with my Wii since we are still under "warranty". I will post a message when I get an answer from Nintendo. =)

Member #
    Friends
    5902-8435-1391-5947
    Mine froze on an Update but nothing big. I mean computers freeze so why shouldnt this you know? but that has only happened once.

Member #
    Friends
    mine froze once.. while i was playing SSX (just got the game brand new) and i was like omg no wai!! so i took out the disk re insert it back in nothing... tried turning off the power took a while but it finally went off... got me a little worries there but its working good now =) i think it was all the uber moves i was doing =P

Member #
    Friends
    1756-9947-9807-1604
    Mine has frozen a few times now, it has frozen when I opened my mii channel because I had tons of mii's that had been sent to me, I had to reload my mii channel 3 times to get them all.

I also had it freeze on me once when I was exiting the wii shop.

So far it hasn't been an issue for me because all I have to do is unplug it and plug it back in.

One thing I am worried about is that clicking sound the disc drive makes when you go from one channel and back to the wii menu. Anyone else here little clickety-sounds coming from the drive? I hope this doesn't bring any issues in the future and it's just how the drive works.

Member #
    Friends
    2011-9992-2025-2233
    Yes mine has frozen once while on the web browser. Its nothing to worry about unless it does it constantly.
    Edit: Oh and the clicky sound is just the wii reading the disc in the drive nothing to worry about and yes i realise it is quite loud but thats what it is.
    If You Add My Wii Code, Please PM me with your code so i can add you. THANKS

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Crick
    mine froze once.. while i was playing SSX (just got the game brand new) and i was like omg no wai!! so i took out the disk re insert it back in nothing... tried turning off the power took a while but it finally went off... got me a little worries there but its working good now =) i think it was all the uber moves i was doing =P

it froze for the first time while playing m brand new SSX, had to unplug the power...

Zelda finished in 45 hours, used guide 3-4 times...
    Currently waiting for MP3, Super Smash Bros:Brawl

Member #
    Friends
    Though the wii is a near perfect "gaming" machine. Its still a machine, get an xbox and its like World of warcraft all over. Computres will be computres, with online stuff it might happen from time to time. I feel the wii is the most stable machine, xbox 360 freezes like no tormarrow. PS3 is Ok from what iv heard, played a bit at a friend's house, but he sold his online and bought a wii. =)

-To answer your question, this never happend to me. take care of your stuff peoples.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitendo
    Though the wii is a near perfect "gaming" machine. Its still a machine, get an xbox and its like World of warcraft all over. Computres will be computres, with online stuff it might happen from time to time. I feel the wii is the most stable machine, xbox 360 freezes like no tormarrow. PS3 is Ok from what iv heard, played a bit at a friend's house, but he sold his online and bought a wii. =)

-To answer your question, this never happend to me. take care of your stuff peoples.
    the only certain thing is that i do take care of my things

ur sig rulez man

Zelda finished in 45 hours, used guide 3-4 times...
    Currently waiting for MP3, Super Smash Bros:Brawl

Ads