Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Shall i get wii or ps3?

I know that this is wii forum and most of you will say get wii
    but can you list some reasons why you chose wii over ps3?
    I just can't think of good games for wii beside Mario
    and zelda and metroid prime are not my type.
    I love bunny~

Member #
    Friends
    Ok lets go through everything!

A Wii is $250 a PS3 is $600 that should tell you right there what to get!!

I know i've read all the boards about PS3's having problems and wii's having next to none and how PS3 may have good games now but the wii will be coming out with some of the best like SSB-B....But you've got to realize the wii developers have little creatures that live in the internet(Ever here of a Mii?) who write all these horrible things about the ps3 and erase all the negatives for the wii...

These are all great reasons to buy a PS3 instead of a Wii!!!

Member #
    Friends
    oh ...haha... ok... thanks.
    i just sold my gamecube, hoping that i get wii and run it with component cable since gamecube component cable is super rare and costs over $60 on ebay, but then i couldn't find any other reasons to get wii beside mario, and someone told me that wii is just experimental in terms of using virtua console, having GC slots, and GC graphics, and control and wii2 will be awesome but just pass wii1.

and I kinda agreed with him so, i just wanted to make sure.
    I love bunny~

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    You can spend $600 for a system with no good games and technology the average person doesn't have the capability to use.

Or you can spend $250 for a system with a plethora of great games.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    I think the main reason to buy a game console is the selection of games that it offers. The Wii has great new controls with the wiimote, but the game library (at least right now) mostly depends on the big first party offerings. You only like one of three of Nintendo's biggest franchises, and it's not even out yet. However, the PS3 doesn't have much in its game library yet either, so I think you'll have to look at what's coming out for both consoles.

Current/upcoming for Wii - Zelda, Sonic & the Secret Rings, SSX Blur, Metroid, Mario Party 8, Sadness, Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Project H.A.M.M.E.R., No More Heroes, Super Paper Mario, Big Brain Academy, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Mario Strikers Charged.

Current/upcoming for PS3 - Resistance: Fall of Man, White Knight Story, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy XIII/Versus XIII, LittleBigPlanet, Rachet and Clank 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4, Tekken 6

The lists are nowhere near exhaustive. You also have the option of X360 games with its own list of exclusives, and there are also games that are coming to both the PS3 and X360 that won't be on the Wii. Personally, I have a Wii and will be getting a PS3 in the future when more of the games I'm interested in are released.

Member #
    Friends
    well, I am not interested in games that are not super masterpiece.
    Because of this reason, I am not really into animal crossing, ssx blur, sonic type of games.

In my opinion
    Wii - virtua console games, GC games, Mario Galaxy, RE umbrella chronicle and that's it.

ps3 - FF13/versus, MGS4, DMC4, Tekken6, NG sigma, Gran Turismo 5, Sega Rally, McColin's Rally, Assassin's Creed, Alone in the Dark 5, God of War 3, Kingdom Hearts3, Resident Evil 5.
    I love bunny~

Member #
    Friends
    it sounds like you like the PS3 games better. If budget isn't a problem you should buy that then. Zelda and Metroid are two of the biggest games for this system, if you don't like that then you're shutting out half of the big 4 games coming out this year (others are Galaxy and Smash Bros). As much as I love my wii, it just doesn't seem to be up your alley.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a PS3 unless I had a kickass HDTV that i could utilize the hd output with games and bluray discs.

Member #
    Friends
    Yea, if you can afford the PS3 and an awesome HDTV it is probably the route to take. I have and love the Wii, but would still really like to have the PS3--with the proper setup of course. On the other hand, the Wii has enormous capability. Being a Nontendo fan for most of my life, the Virtual Console is just awesome--especially when ALL of the oldtime favorites become available; really, it's awesome having them right there on the hard drive and a point and click away from being played--plus all the favorites that never had a save option now can be saved; even say Tecmo Bowl--play through half of the second quarter and come back and finish the game tommorrow. Plus, being able to play the Gamecube games is absolutely amazing as well. And the Wii graphics, to me, I will say it again, not that much below the PS3; yes, the digital quality is beyond belief with the PS3 but toe to toe and for the money there is really not that much to make me throw down and extra several hundred dollars and then need a new state of the art tv. But if you have the money just get both--what's another $260 for the awesomeness of the Wii? If you grew up with Nintendo like many of us have you can't go wrong with the Wii!

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Lol, you've got amazing taste in games Mr/Mrs JoonKimDDS, I'd personally go for the PS3, because I want Final Fantasy 13/versus. But I bought the Wii for games such as SSBB. Since most of the games you like are on PS3, get a PS3.

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    i think tht the ps3 is better with a HDTV, but i cant really afford tht, so i went for the wii
    n from wat ive heard, the ps3 is having a lil more problems than the wii

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads