Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1424-9421-1866-9993

Wii Video problems

Even after converting avi to MPEG using Wii Video 9, my Wii won't recognise the file. It will read the file name but it says it is in an incompatible format.

Anyone got any ponters? Would be much appreciated! I want to play new episodes of Battlestar Galactica....

Member #
    Friends
    5902-8435-1391-5947
    Wii Video 9? what is that?

Visit us at Menenge.com and help our Community GROW!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by theangelwing
    Wii Video 9? what is that?
    i think its some sort of program on your computer to convert videos for the wii if you have a mod chip

am i correct ????

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by con77
    i think its some sort of program on your computer to convert videos for the wii if you have a mod chip

am i correct ????
    It's a video converter of some sort, but I don't think it has anything to do with a mod chip, I think even an unmodded Wii will play the video

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gamechaser001
    It's a video converter of some sort, but I don't think it has anything to do with a mod chip, I think even an unmodded Wii will play the video

if thats true i want in lol

Member #
    Friends
    1699-7356-0266-3132
    Well actually in my computer wii video didn't work either. Try converting the video with quicktime pro... One thing to note is that most of the times your quicktime pro will fail to load avi file correctly -- so you have to convert *.avi file to *.mov file and then convert it in right format. Although in operation manual says that Wii plays *.mov files, it doesn't play all of mov files but very few mov file in right format. If you google with this keyword "wii video encode", you will be able to find how you encode your mov file with quicktime pro.

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by con77
    if thats true i want in lol
    Well, i'm not sure if it works without a modchip, but Wii Video9 seems to be made by the same people that makes PSP Video 9, am I wrong? I'm pretty sure that PSP Video 9 wasn't made by some amature programmer, i'm pretty sure there is some orgaizational stuff going on behind the scenes (that is unless you have to pay for it, but I don't think you do), and I don't think that the orginization wants to be sued for making a program that requires a mod chip for those video files to work, being that the Wii owner will want videos on their Wii, figure out they need a mod chip, get a mod chip fitted, now that mod chip will allow for a lot more than just video playback, and because of that, there would be problems, like the suing I mentioned above

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    all you do is download a movie onto your SD card just like mp3's go to the photo channel and play it... quicktime is a good converter but you can find plenty of free converters on download.com or whatever... problem with converting any video is they have one little hickup in the process while converting.. and it doesnt work...

Member #
    Friends
    1424-9421-1866-9993
    To reiterate, I'm not using a mod chip! WiiVideo 9 is a free download which converts .avi (and other formats) into uncompressed MPEG video, which in theory should play on the Wii.

The drawback being that a 350MB .avi file becomes about 1.1GB mpeg, so you need a 2GB SD card for even one episode of lost...

Also, I can't get it to work, but maybe my PC 'hiccupped' during the process - though the Wii does say it is an incompatible format when I attempt to play the movie on the photo channel

Member #
    Friends
    Hmm you know what i find strange? My digital Camera records video on SD the format it uses is AVI and those play fine on the Wii have you try'd just playing it as an AVI?

Ads