Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: sensor bar

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    just find 2 light sources, I used to use the can lights in my celing in my basement, given I couldn't play any games that required 100% pointing, but I could browse the menu and access what i needed to, I used my can lights because something similar happened to me, my cats got to my wire, luckily they only removed the wire casing, so the + and - leads didn't touch and did not disconnect from each other, so I just plugged mine back in and it worked, I just don't let my cats downstairs, well, at this given time I am, but i'm keeping a close eye on them, I am now in the progress of making my own sensor bar (read sig), but still need the proper resistance, but you could always use 2 tea candles, 2 lamps, if you happen to have 2 frasnells laying around (stage lighting, pronounced franells), those would work the best, the smaller the better, but I don't think you would have any of those (they do make small personal frasnell like lamps that you can get), even 2 flashlights would work, you can also try getting a nyko wireless sensor bar, so any source of light you can get a hold on that can be focused to around the television that the Wii-mote can pick up

Other people were having problems with splicing the sensor bar wires, I think because the wire is so thin, there isn't enough wire inside to create a strong connection, but I am also puzzled why it didn't work

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends

Hey I Have Your Solution!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rmsounds1976
    so I guess no one has ever got there sensor wire cut and tried to fix it. Help me out people. Im no gonna make my own.
    WHY dont it wour when you splice the two wires toghther??

ok its your lucky day my daschound jus chewed through my sensor bar wire... they are just like regualr wires but they have a plastic coating on them...(the red and the copper colors) jus take a lighter and hold fire to the new ends to be joined and melt off the coating and scrape off the residue with your fingernail or something... i literally just got done repairing mine i remembered reading your problem earlier so i thought i would help ya out!

Member #
    Friends
    2154-9969-3510-2243
    You could, buy a new one from a Nintendo Website, buy a thrid party one or, you could just use some Candles.

There's another thread on using candles in place of the Sensor Bar, search it. Plus, candles are pretty cheap, but you may light the house on fire, but oh well!

I Swear never to touch a PlayStation ever again
    I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE Wii
    MAKE YOUR PLEDGE TODAY!

<<<<< Wii Number *Message Me First*

Member #
    Friends
    OK stupid question How do the candles connect to the Wii?? All the sensor bar is like your TV remote sensor it needs to be connected to the power source to receive the signal. Am I wrong?? What the heck does two or three lights have to do with any thing. I was trying most of the do it your self ways and nothing works. This must be just one of those things you tell stupid people to do so you can get a laugh. Got Me. Good one. Thanks

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    All the sensor bar does is send out IR light waves which the Wiimote sees and sends the data to the Wii through BlueTooth. The only reason the sensor bar is hooked to the Wii is to give it power, no data is actually transfered between the two. Maybe you could try hooking the wires up to a battery?
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    hey paintballer i know this has nothng to do with the thread but i bough a macbook yesterdy!!!!!YAY (i know u love mac

Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    spicka, i love you <3

Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    Sets fire to a rag and throws it down spickas gob

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by spicka
    hey paintballer i know this has nothng to do with the thread but i bough a macbook yesterdy!!!!!YAY (i know u love mac
    Lucky. I want to get a maxed out MacBook. All I have is a Mini.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Ads