+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HDMI & Wii

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    the terms SDTV,EDTV,HDTV is more or less just the industry terms for there types of t.v's some companys sell 480 t.v's as EDTV some sell them as HDTV really the only thing that makes them one thing or another is the ratio...
    4:3 standard 16:9 Highdef... pretty simple concept.. after that its just whatever they want to call it to make it sell, the FCC has set forth that all t.v. be broadcasted in digital signal by 2009... not HD signal just digital... which any new t.v. on the market pretty much has by now.. or a mixture od digital and analog tuners... HD isnt going to become the standard.. its not forced or anything its just the direction its going... anything can happen

2. Ads

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanic
    eh? not what he was asking, buy anyhoo.
    HDMI is digital. The Wii outputs analog. Therefore you cannot use HDMI for your Wii unless you get an analog to digital converter which usually cost a few hundred dollars.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    http://www.digitalconnection.com/Pro...deo/hcp261.ASP

here you go could buy another wii and a game for that price though...

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    I stands for interlaced
    P stands for progressive scan

^^both standards are used for HDTV, I is for standard definition, and P is for EDTVs, HDTVs run them all

There is no HDMI for the Wii, the only console to support componet is the PS3, the X360 also runs over componet only

People say that componet (RGB cables) cables will give you a better image than composite (yellow cable), on the Wii even though the Wii dosen't have any HD or ED games, I have to disagree on this, when i got my componet cables, my image looked horrible, it wasn't the cable that made the image look horrible, it was the fact that the picture was clearer, therefore showing the flaws in the game's programming, for example, on Mario Kart 64, the blue 64 ball has what looks like a crack in it, on SD, it's noticable, but hardly noticable, on 480P you can see the "crack" by just glancing at the 64 ball (right before the 6 of 64), also, some of the graphics look pixelated, again, this is not a problem with the componet cable, it is the increase of the image quality and the fact that Nintendo dosen't care about grapics, instead they care in gameplay

One thing i don't seem to understand, if you run a GCN game in the Wii, it asks if you if you want to run it progressive scan or interlaced, but if you run a Wii game or a VC game on the Wii, it will just run in progressive scan

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Ads