Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    hes right
    a. u need gamecube controllers 2 play any gamecube game
    b. if u want a wireless controllers they do have wireless gamecube controllers

2. Ads

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Wii games= wii mote, rumors or gamecube,or classic in the future

GameCube games=Gamcube controller

VC games= Classic,wii mote,gamecube it will say on the game before you download it what controllers will work with it..

so in the end your probably going to need all of them if you plan on buying all these types of games, good news is the classic and gamecubes can be had for 20 bucks or less now... bad news is this is just the start, they will have a gun,gloves,guitar,probably bongos... who knows nintendo has always had a thing for controllers nice thing is alot of times if the game requires a new controller to play it... they will include atleast one with the game... and most will be add ons to the wiimote so they probably wont be much more than 20 bucks each if not less... its just adds to the fun of the gameplay its what makes nintendo nintendo...

Member #
    Friends
    I heard the rumor about the wii gun that would b so much fun

I can’t wait till new things come out

Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    they will have a gun,gloves,guitar,probably bongos
    I read ddr and guitar hero plan to come out for the wii as well.
    u might b able 2 use the dk drum game on the wii

there is also a way to convert nintendo power glover to the gamecube through a adaptor u can find at http://retrousb.com

The classic controller seems cool but I already have the gc controllers.

Does any1 think the classic controller still worth getting even if you own gc controllers?

they seem more comfortable. I mean its hard to run in super Mario world with the button lay out of the gc controller but its still playable im sure it effects some games more then others.

Last edited by illmasaki; 03-22-2007 at 03:50 PM.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by illmasaki
    I heard the rumor about the wii gun that would b so much fun

I canít wait till new things come out

I read ddr and guitar hero plan to come out for the wii as well.
    u might b able 2 use the dk drum game on the wii

there is also a way to convert nintendo power glover to the gamecube through a adaptor u can find at http://retrousb.com

The classic controller seems cool but I already have the gc controllers.

Does any1 think the classic controller still worth getting even if you own gc controllers?

they seem more comfortable. I mean its hard to run in super Mario world with the button lay out of the gc controller but its still playable im sure it effects some games more then others.

well guitar hero has already been anouced to come out so ya they will have some type of guitar... they will have a gun, and there were some pictures of gloves... not the power glove but acctual gloves for boxing games etc.. you can already use the donky kong bongos on it through gamecube, aswell as any other gamecube controller.. but im sure they will come out with more DK bongo games being they sell pretty well... and who knows if they use GC controllers like rumored for SSBB they might also come out with say a stearing wheel for mario kart etc.. nintendo has always made a bunch of controllers.... im just woundering if they keep the current gamecube controllers on the market or just sell off what they have and make a new wifi or wireless controller that will work with both wii and GC games.. would seem the smart thing to do... people want wireless now might as well make a new version of the wavebird or something if they arnt going to attach to the wiimote in some way...

all the games i downloaded for VC so far will work with any controller but each one does it better... for first gen consoles the wii mote works best you dont need more than 2 buttons... for 2nd gen the classic works best and for the n64 games the GC... so in the end if you want to keep it easy on yourself you might as well get them all... the only really expensive one is the wiimote but your going to need them anyways and hopefully the price just drops soon for them...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sl2obel2ts
    I got a wii few days ago. I just played wii sports, my gf keeps complaining how her arm is so sore. she wants to play oldschool games or maybe gamecube games.

I know that vc controller wont let you play gc games. If I do not play that, which is a better choice? How compatible is GC controller with VC games? I saw 2 GC controllers on ebay going for less than 20 including shipping while VC controllers are 20 + tax retail each.
    Her arm hurts from what she did for me last night.

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerkid
    Her arm hurts from what she did for me last night.
    what? bitchslap you in the face? dude, the guy has 2 posts, i believe in some kind of initation too, but that's offkey.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    gamecube controllers work on gamecube and MOST VC games, all nintendo, most sega and turbographix16

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitendo
    gamecube controllers work on gamecube and MOST VC games, all nintendo, most sega and turbographix16

I thought gamecube controllerís work on all vc games what vc games does it not work for

There r some games it might not b great for but I was under the impression that it works

What games donít they work on?

Devoted Nintendo Nerd Insane Gamer Kitty's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by illmasaki
    Yes, it is. I bought my fiance a Classic Controller when I bought him his Wii (He left it over here again

*thinks* YES! I GET THE WII!! )

Anyways, he left his Wii games and Classic at the house, so I've been using my cube controller and getting quite annoyed at the controls on Super Mario World XD
    Nintarded

Member #
    Friends
    6540-4493-6056-1198
    Quote Originally Posted by FWELR
    You might need the Classic Controller down the road for games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl (even though it hasn't been officially announced). but pick up that deal and start from there.
    Nintendo DID say that the GameCube controller will be fully compatible with Brawl. I think the Wiimote and Nunchuck will be perfect for SSBB. My point is, you should get the GC controller. (Wii Sports does make your arms friggin' sore.)

Ads