LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by En4Neo
    Is there any difference between Nintendo and non nintendo branded component cables?
    Wire is wire. As long as the cable is put together decently, there is no difference. And really, no company is going to bother with making the molds and stuff without providing for the cable basics. Returns cost far more than production.

I've seen the same aftermarket Wii component cables at Best Buy for $29.99, on ebay for $14.95 + $4.00 shipping, and at www.meritline.com for $9.00 including shipping. I've used one of these for a month, they work exactly the same as a Nintendo cable or high-end aftermarket.

Those little electrons can't really see the color of the vinyl, or the logo embossed on the plugs. They just follow the copper.

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom* mk_south_london's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7195-7874-4951-1917
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitendo
    Nintendo is releasing a 540p cable. I think that even the gamecube had fair graphics. I chose gameplay over graphics. Sorry thats just my gaming style, if you want HD go outside and play some soccer or something.

Whens this?
    Because i got 480p cables and now there bringing out new ones? GOsh

YOU SUCK^^^^

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    As far as I know the Wii can only support 480P. The only way you could achieve 540P is with an up-scaling and you would not be getting a true 540P.

Where did you get this info? Source?

This is from cnet.com

Component video adapter: The Wii doesn't have the graphical horsepower to handle high-def graphics, but it can do DVD-level 480p video, which will look considerably better on large HDTVs. To see the Wii's games in 480p, you'll need Nintendo's proprietary component video adapter, which should run about $20.
    Last edited by AZ_Wii_Tard; 03-29-2007 at 10:51 AM.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    where did you hear of the 540p setting?

and why would they need new cables to do this? components can handle more than 480p, look at the xbox 360 for example...

they wouldnt need a new cable, just a system update...

Member #
    Friends
    Your always safer with genuine brands.

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    I bought the Psyclone cables (along with a new TV) and I am more than pleased with the new picture from my Wii.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Ads