LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Let me get this straight

Is there any difference between Nintendo and non nintendo branded component cables?

2. Ads

Mau
    Member #
    Friends
    8829-6844-1117-2743
    well, like everything, you get what you paid for, but don't get anything to expensive, I bought the nintendo ones and they work great... Plus, the nintendo can only give 480p, so it is not much what you can get out of the wii.

Member #
    Friends
    What is 480p?
    Nintendo Wii

3 Controllers, 2 Nun-Chuks, 1 VC Controller, Intercooling Fan, Legend of Zelda- Twilight Princess, Redsteel, Warioware: Smooth Moves, Super Paper Mario

Black Nintendo DS Lite

New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    1616-2753-9551-8415
    There is a difference - there have been lots of issues being reported with vc games when using non-official component cables.

J-Tizzle: 480p is a higher definition mode than standard (which will be either 480I or 576I depending on where you live in the world). You need an EDTV or a HDTV along with the component cables to be able to set your wii to output in this mode.
    Wii on the simexchange!

-No External Links

Link removed by a nazi moderator who obviously believes it more important to act in a complete denial and pretend that wiichat is the only Wii site out there, rather than allow the dissemination of beneficial information to all Wii owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant
    But withotu dong so

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom* mk_south_london's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7195-7874-4951-1917
    I would advise ordering the ones off www.ebuyer.com.
    They work perfectly

YOU SUCK^^^^

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo is releasing a 540p cable. I think that even the gamecube had fair graphics. I chose gameplay over graphics. Sorry thats just my gaming style, if you want HD go outside and play some soccer or something.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitendo
    Nintendo is releasing a 540p cable. I think that even the gamecube had fair graphics. I chose gameplay over graphics. Sorry thats just my gaming style, if you want HD go outside and play some soccer or something.
    Real life's HD is so clear it's disgusting, I don't want it to be that clear!!!

1080p would be perfect.

Any way I've been playing my Wii on 480p, it hardly looks any better than standard and it actually makes LoZ TP look wierdly sharp in places. People overhyped the qaulity way too much, you don't need 480p to be able to enjoy the Wii's graphics....it's just too little of an upgrade.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisgil
    There is a difference - there have been lots of issues being reported with vc games when using non-official component cables.

J-Tizzle: 480p is a higher definition mode than standard (which will be either 480I or 576I depending on where you live in the world). You need an EDTV or a HDTV along with the component cables to be able to set your wii to output in this mode.
    Thanks Thisisgil!
    Nintendo Wii

3 Controllers, 2 Nun-Chuks, 1 VC Controller, Intercooling Fan, Legend of Zelda- Twilight Princess, Redsteel, Warioware: Smooth Moves, Super Paper Mario

Black Nintendo DS Lite

New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Are the Nintendo cables worth $25?

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    Quote Originally Posted by En4Neo
    Real life's HD is so clear it's disgusting, I don't want it to be that clear!!!

1080p would be perfect.

Any way I've been playing my Wii on 480p, it hardly looks any better than standard and it actually makes LoZ TP look wierdly sharp in places. People overhyped the qaulity way too much, you don't need 480p to be able to enjoy the Wii's graphics....it's just too little of an upgrade.
    Really, you were not impressed with the cables? What type of TV are you using LCD, Plasma, or Rear projection? I picked up a set of the Nintendo Component Cables for $30 and felt they really made a difference. But I do agree the cables are necessary to enjoy your Wii, but the do make the graphics a lot better. Zelda was much improved from the foggy blurry regular view but when used with the right cables looks amazing. Excite truck looks really good and tiger Woods 2007 is are great show of graphics. To each his own I guess but the Nintendo cables for $30 are well worth the money.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Ads