Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by minto
    making backups is what killed the dreamcast
    Totally wrong. Dreamcast ultimately failed because of
    1) Sega's already tarnished reputation from the Saturn debacle,
    2) Lack of support from EA Games/Sports (due to previous poor sales of Saturn games), and
    3) Brand dominance of Nintendo (N64) and Sony (PS2)'s forays in the market.

You'll notice that Dreamcast sales were brisk in its first six months, then quickly plummeted once the PS2 came out.

Dreamcast was a great system that just didn't have the games, marketing, and brand appeal behind it to enjoy any sort of staying power. It does, however, still have a substantial cult following more than 5 years after it stopped production because of its modability, not despite it.

Member #
    Friends
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    Quote Originally Posted by neowiineo
    Hi

I havent had a Wii long and with all my previous consoles I eventually Modded so i could play backups of my games (ahem)!

With my Xbox i didnt mod for a long long long time prefering to just buy the best games and I carried on like that.

Are there any real arguments against modding apart from the risk to the actual console etc

yes mod.. i will mod it soon too .. but this is my advice....
    wait till online comes out and see if the mod's support online capabilities... until then.. don't mod..

Member #
    Friends
    Modding also killed the dinosours
    You couldn't fool your mother on the foolingest day of your life even if you had an electrified fooling machine!

I saw him once. Sure I'm blind in one eye, and my other eye was infected that day from picking at it, and I was tired, and I'd been swimming in a pool with too much chlorine, and that was the hour my glasses were at Lenscrafters but I seen that fish!

Member #
    Friends
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    I dont think I'd mod my Wii. Simply because if Nintendo finds out about the modchip then they just send out an update and then you just waste your money. Then again you can turn off WiiConnect24 but then you cant go online so it defeats the purpose. Dont mod .

Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

Member #
    Friends
    mod your wii with the wiikey. you will not regret it. and you can use the tons of money you save on buying GAS!!!

Member #
    Friends
    The main purpose of most of these mod chip is to interface w/ the serial port on the dvd mech and allow it to run any type of media. It should have no effects on any other aspects of the wii other that the speed and the ability of the dvd mech to read whats in it. You can alway remove a mod chip.
    Also even w/ the wiikey installed on I still buy games, but it allows me to rent games and play them for longer then 5 days (because most of the time I end up getting to play maybe 1 day) w/o spending $50 on a game that may be a pos.
    Last edited by darkness231; 04-05-2007 at 09:38 AM.
    You couldn't fool your mother on the foolingest day of your life even if you had an electrified fooling machine!

I saw him once. Sure I'm blind in one eye, and my other eye was infected that day from picking at it, and I was tired, and I'd been swimming in a pool with too much chlorine, and that was the hour my glasses were at Lenscrafters but I seen that fish!

Member #
    Friends
    Mod away! It's up to you! Enjoy it's fantastic benifits! I modded my Wii with the WiiKey and it works magic!

By the way, about the warranty stuff, yeah it voids the warranty but I don't care, If something happens to my Wii, I'll just go buy another one. Honestly, $250 is not that bad. And then, I'll mod it again!

Member #
    Friends
    consider a soft mod

datel (they made action replay) released a product called "sd media launcher" where u can put an sd card in a reader the fits into ur gamecube memory card slot can play some emulators and few other features u cant play back ups of new games but they have emulators for many of the old ones
    http://us.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&p=23&i=9 064&s=8

Don't believe his lies. KyleForMe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5710-8093-1849-3803
    Quote Originally Posted by joey47
    mod your wii with the wiikey. you will not regret it. and you can use the tons of money you save on buying GAS!!!
    Better idea... How about you steal the gas instead. Atleast you'll be supporting those that aren't out to rob you in the first place.

Anyhow, I would not mod my wii, however I have a modded xbox with EVERY nes game, Just about every SNES game, lots o' 64 games, and so on... Yet I feel no issue with that setup. I just laugh when people whine about all the games they cant or wont ever get on VC cause of ownership rights. They way I see it, im not robbing anything from Microsoft that they would have ever got from me in first place. (one exception, San Andreas: but I own it on ps2 so RS got paid)

Just re-read post and realized I rambled like an old man... O well im a

Brawl, Galaxy, ftw! wiiisawesome's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1866-9177-4158-8306
    i would never mod my wii..i dunno but to me it somehow feels like my wii would be infected or something...lol...plus i think it's just wrong..
    Brawl Code: 3866-7670-3577 Name: Ali
    Tell me if you added me if you haven't already!

I love WiiChat!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads