LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7725-7615-5006-8472
    I would mod your wii if I were you. Once your warranty expires then I would give it a shot. Some of my backups are ****ed up already so its nice to have something just in case. Also, if an update does affect the chip you could always take it off so no harm done really.

Member #
    Friends
    I would highly recommend the Wiikey as well. I've installed it into about 30 systems, and no issues at all. I originally was using the CycloWiz, and installed that in about 45 machines, but it was always problematic (I did swap out for the NEWEST version for everyone, when I got them in - thankfully the supplier exchanged the stuff for FREE for me!)

The WiiKey has never given me any issues, so I highly recommend it.

As for the "To Mod or Not To Mod" argument. I think modding is good. Personally, I buy all of the games I like, but even with the best of care they get scratched (or in the case of my Xbox 360 - the system scratches them up just fine) so I am grateful to be able to use my backup discs regularly, and then replace them again should they become scratched. This way my original is always in perfect condition.

Anyway, not here to argue whether you should or should not mod, just suggest that you do - even if you're only backing up your own games.
    ===========================
    Pimped Wii Console in Chrome Case
    WiiKey Mod Chip - Bought From
    -No External Links
    Xbox 360 (Yes.. I do play it ;-) )

Member #
    Friends
    Absolutely Mod it, sure you should buy the games you truly want but for those games that aren't worth buying it's a great thing to be able to try them out anyway. If i didn't mod id rent these games with a free gamefly trial or something and I'm going to buy the supreme games like Galaxy. Also, you can make DVDs with every emulator/rom you want that's a great time too. They won't detect it online that's just a scare tactic but it helps that i don't really care about online play.

Go for it.

Member #
    Friends
    As the wii is a system that can be updated i would say its a bad idea to mod one, plus "wii" all love nintendo so we wanna support them

Member #
    Friends
    MY GOD. You bunch of pussys.
    "Oh no I don't want to hurt Nintendo cause they dont make enough as it is"
    If any of you die hards are sticking up for Nintendo you should maybe think again. Put it this way, they are making PLENTY from each and everyone of us from the Wii. Then there is the story of the old skool games, yet another HUGE profit for Nintendo. Modding the Wii is a way of making things even for us. Do you think for a second that if you dont mod your Wii Mario is gonna come to your front door and give you a 1up? YOU WILL GET NOTHING IN RETURN! Oh and the warrenty thing...................Give a toss! if something happens 1-2 years down the track get another Wii!

"9. Rips off great companies and no money means no games for you fools. Modding is a noob thing, Its so stupid. Kinda simple modding = no money = no games from game comapnies. Infact i think it might become illegal COMPLEATLY."

LOLING ALL OVER AFRICA OVER THIS POST.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Noob thing LOL! No games! Dude go rub one off or at least get a girlfriend.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by tical
    If any of you die hards are sticking up for Nintendo you should maybe think again. Put it this way, they are making PLENTY from each and everyone of us from the Wii. Then there is the story of the old skool games, yet another HUGE profit for Nintendo. Modding the Wii is a way of making things even for us. Do you think for a second that if you dont mod your Wii Mario is gonna come to your front door and give you a 1up? YOU WILL GET NOTHING IN RETURN! Oh and the warrenty thing...................Give a toss! if something happens 1-2 years down the track get another Wii!

"9. Rips off great companies and no money means no games for you fools. Modding is a noob thing, Its so stupid. Kinda simple modding = no money = no games from game comapnies. Infact i think it might become illegal COMPLEATLY."

Totally agree. I don't understand the people who are friggin afraid of modding the Wii just cos it voids the warranty... FFS It's just $249.99
    Your Pro ,or your a noob - thats life

I own a USA Wii (sold my EUR Wii) 2x Wii motes 2x Nunchucks

Super Mario Galaxy | Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution | Guitar Hero 3(selling PM if interested) | Zelda TP | Wario Ware

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by tical

Finally somebody said this.
    You couldn't fool your mother on the foolingest day of your life even if you had an electrified fooling machine!

I saw him once. Sure I'm blind in one eye, and my other eye was infected that day from picking at it, and I was tired, and I'd been swimming in a pool with too much chlorine, and that was the hour my glasses were at Lenscrafters but I seen that fish!

Member #
    Friends
    8827-4732-7476-9087
    i Think you should wait for a little while because of warranty and since the wii just came out the mods could get better....

Member #
    Friends
    This may be a silly question but..............

........... am I right in thinking that if you mod your wii you can then only play back ups and not the originals

is this true

thanks guys

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Not even close, you can play backups and originals, but why play backups? You legally need the original anyway, just be careful insterting and removing. Unless your being naughty...
    The only reason for modding could be importing games, like us Aussies want. We still havent got Trauma Centre, your LAUNCH GAME
    Warning: Adult Themes
    Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads