LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Most of the Mod haters are saying it's wrong. I guess that's right, but the thing is, Nintendo factors in piracy into their prices anyway. I bet you games would be 10-20 bucks cheaper if nobody pirated games.

Modding a console is perfectly legal. Owning backups is perfectly legal. What's illegal is copying games you do not own.

Even if my Wii does screw up, I'd buy another one. For games, accesories, etc, i've paid more than the Wii itself (~$300), and frankly, I think I should stop. I'll still buy great games.

I have the WiiFree, it's basically a free chip. All you need are the parts (approx 2 bucks) and you're set. For that price, I'm using my Wii much more.

It voids the warranty: Your warranty is only for 1 year. Besides, Best Buy will replace my Wii even if it's modded.

It's illegal: Owning a modchip and backups? No. Owning copied games you dont own? Yes

It's stupid: Can't afford the $2? You get an infinite amount of savings (that is, until Nintendo stops making Wii games).

It's modding: No, really, do tell me more

It's for |\|00b$: It's actually quite the opposite.
    Last edited by bsilver; 07-20-2007 at 08:30 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    3544-3698-3239-4387
    Personally I don't mod my wii and I do not support hose who mod their machine. In the end it is the people who buy the real ones support the software industry while other just take advantage of them.

But I also think the real game for wii is way too expensive compared with the quality. XBox 360 and the PS3 games the graphics are so much better and they are selling roughly at the same price of wii games.

I think below 30 US$ is the fair price.

Don't Mind Me. I'm Stupid XwiimasturX's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i dont like modding, i dont think it enhances the gaming experience enough for the risk of screwing something up.

"oh wow, i can play imports" so what, i dont really want to play imports.
    "oh wow, i can make another disc of a game i already own" once again, i dont care, if you take care of your first disc and dont feed it to a dog, you shouldnt need to worry about the first one getting too scratched up (or whatever)

Member #
    Friends
    2482-6460-3144-9934
    Quote Originally Posted by XLaw
    Wii smurf Id say that your the noob. Should I scratch my originals instead of play my game backups? And who cares if it's illegal ,your thinking that suddenly the big N will go to your home and arrest you?
    My advise is get Wiikey you could play other region games with it. Like buy a game from JAP and play it on a NTSC Wii .
    Lol. I can just imagine Shiguru Miyamoto turning up on your doorstep and kicking you in the bolloks.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

Spoiler Alert!

52 Members and still growing!

Member #
    Friends
    Maybe everyone should post their CV as there seems to be a surprising number of MBA's, software developers and entrepreneurial wizards in this thread.

OMG, hahahaha
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Member #
    Friends
    I have a mod chip installed and the console works fine. I'm having a difficult time backing up my games. I down loaded the 3 programs per all the instructions posted everywhere, but when I go to run rawdump.exe I keep getting "application failed to initialize properly" error. I've deleted everything and redownloaded three times. Can anyone help?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Ads