LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    after reading the 101 FAQs i feel let down. No HDTV?? and the fact the GFX cant be matched to the 360? Alos i read somewhere the Wii only has a 20% gain of power over the GC

Also, the wiimote can be copied by Sony, the could make a similar controller as an addon couldnt they?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    It's been known for quite some time that Wii focuses on gameplay/controls, not graphics. Again, it's going to be more powerful than the original Xbox and it's actually been said (sorry, I don't have the source) Wii will be twice as powerful as the Gamecube.

And no, Sony can't just duplicate the Wiimote/nunchuk; they'd get sued. The PS3 only has tilt sensetivity, so it doesn't know how far away from the TV it is. This means it can't tell when you're making jabbing motions like you can with the Wiimote, which in some games translates to actually stabbing with a sword. Oh, and the PS3 controller doesn't even have rumble. The PS3 controller's tilt sensing feature will probably be used only for driving and flying games and to me, it just seems like a gimmick.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    Im a PC gamer really, but what attracts me to the Wii is the wiimote. I just dont want it to be runied by the Wii just having Kiddie games and the odd MGS or Splinter Cell game comin out. I mean can u see a game like God of War on the Wii?.... I cant.

Also, i saw the gameplay vid for Red Steel. The conecpt is brill, BUT it seemed too linear, u know like a Virtual Cop game

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Gosh, haven't you heard? Far Cry, Red Steel, and Call of Duty 3 are all launch titles for Wii. They're not the gorest games, but their certainly violent and not "kiddy." God of War's great and all but it's really because of it's gameplay, not just the blood.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Member #
    Friends
    I suppose the Wii is a cheap alternative for a NExt-Gen onsole. The fact that its 149 makes me feel insecure, that im buying a half baked next gen console. Sure the ideaas are great, seein Shiguru Miyamoto play that tennis game really impressed me. But will games like Fight Night Round 3 be released using the same technology, i cant see big name companys like EA remakng some of their games to ncorporate the Wiimote

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Are you joking? EA is one of the companies that is majorly supporting Wii.

The following are EA games for Wii:
    -Madden NFL '07
    -Harry Potter Wii
    -SSX Wii
    -Tiger Woods PGA Tour
    -The Godfather
    -Medal of Honor Airborne
    -Need for Speed: Carbon

Member #
    Friends
    I don't think the Wii is for you elrasho

Member #
    Friends
    I want it to be coz its 150 quid, but that was the same reason i got a GC coz it was onlt 130 when i got it. I was dissapointed with it and sold it after a few months.

Im gonna wait till next year, see how the Wii does and maybe get to play it in Game.

I hope u can use that Wii "noraml" controller for games and not just VC games.

Will games like Pro Evo and Tekken ever be released on Wii?? These are the kinda games that make me wanna but a certain console. Game slike Nintendo Sports, and Red Steel dont cut it for me. Red Steels gameplay looks boring and straightforward. I dunno, best to play it myslef a guess.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl will be released for Wii sometime in 2007 and Nintendo has already stated it will use the Gamecube controller, which can be plugged into the Wii and used to play not only this new game, but also all the old Gamecube games. I'm guessing most fighting games for Wii will give you the option to play with the Gamecube or Classic Controller because sometimes, certain games just won't feel smooth using the wiimote/nunchuk.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by elrasho
    I suppose the Wii is a cheap alternative for a NExt-Gen onsole. The fact that its 149 makes me feel insecure, that im buying a half baked next gen console. Sure the ideaas are great, seein Shiguru Miyamoto play that tennis game really impressed me. But will games like Fight Night Round 3 be released using the same technology, i cant see big name companys like EA remakng some of their games to ncorporate the Wiimote

First of all, its not NEXT gen, its NEW gen, and second, its not just a cheap thing, thats not the price, thats a rumor, just like every other price and release date. Third, 20% more POWER EFFICENT, this helps for keeping your Wii on forever, the specs on how much greater it is have not been released. And Wii is getting A LOT of support! A LOT!!!

And that just about concludes my rant.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads