Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

No more Wii shortage?

I read an article here is the link

http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/032...are_on_purpose

The top guy at Gamestop is blaming a wii shortage because Nintendo met their goal for this year and that they are making the shortage happen. As of April 1st that begins a new fiscal year for them. you will have no prob finding a Wii I think Nintendo is not trying to make a shortage its just in high demand what do you guys think?
    Wiiman54

Member #
    Friends
    I doubt this is true, no company would willingly create a shortage on consoles. Nintendo isn't losing money on their consoles but their real money comes from the sale of games and liscensing of games, more Wii's more money. Every coorporation wants more $, trust me.

BTW, that last line, "It's a tad ironic that a major executive of GameStop is making this sort of accusation. As anybody who's ever traded in a game there knows...they're not exactly a shining beacon of morality." that line cracked me up.

Member #
    Friends
    this was already discussed here: http://www.wiichat.com/latest-ninten...wii-stock.html

but the gamestop morale thing was pretty funny

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    nah, just looking for attention..

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo Just came out today to say that Gamestop is trying to get more Wiis, and that might be a reason why the COO said what he said to get Nintendo's attention here is the link

http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/033...spiracy_denied

Also if you think Gamestop is bad on trading in games try to trade in DVDs its real bad for 2 DVDs they were gonna give me 2 bucks but then I saw the same used DVDs for around 14 bucks a peice
    Wiiman54

Member #
    Friends
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    Gamestop/ebgames are under suspicion of selling used games as new..... They aren't to trustworthy.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Gamestop/ebgames are under suspicion of selling used games as new..... They aren't to trustworthy.

I have heard the same thing, so from now on if i am buying a new game I am going to Best Buy
    Wiiman54

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    Yea game stop sucks in the trade / used games department. They give you like $15 to $25 for used games and sell them for $5 dollars less than new games. I don't know why people buy game system from them when they only get like 5-10 console when they come in. You can go to Target, Walmart or Toys R Us who get 50-100. Every now and then I pick a game that is a good deal but other than that I just get game stuff at local department stores or off the internet. They are bunch of crooks.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Same here. I went once to a GAMESTOP store and asked for a game, they wanted to give me a game that was already opened, telling me that they remove the CD/DVD for security reasons..... How can I trust a store that sells secondhad games and new games together, not knowing if the opened one wasn´t a secondhand one.

And as AZ_Wii_Tard said, I have seen PSP games there at the same price as new once in the store next door......
    Oh yes, once I bought a DS game for my neighbour and asked that if they don´t like it I could returned it, as long as it hasn´t been opened. They said" And even it has been opened you can change it for another game" ?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?¿? So I could buy a game, copy it, and return it???????? Wooooow...... They support piracy..... (BTW, I don´t copy games)

Tocome back on this subject Thread. Here in Spain the are enough Wiis.... a lot in every store.....
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

Ads