Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by RJU690
    I went to their website and I found the cable for the Nintendo Wii, but how do you purchase it? There appears to be no Add to Cart function or something like that.

Also, I've read that cables that exceed 480p when used with the Nintendo Wii appear to make the image look pixelated. Is this true?
    The Wii can't exceed 480p, when using a componet cable ans using the progressive scan option, it will look pixelated, thatis just because the games aren't meant to be displayed in EDTV, it being that Nintendo cares more about gameplay than grapics

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Member #
    Friends
    4842-2271-0989-9857
    $20 set at circuit city...not gold or anything but 480P as pretty as Wii can on 42" Plasma

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gamechaser001
    The Wii can't exceed 480p, when using a componet cable ans using the progressive scan option, it will look pixelated, thatis just because the games aren't meant to be displayed in EDTV, it being that Nintendo cares more about gameplay than grapics
    Huh, not on my set up. Don't know if it's the cable some people got, cause I do remember people talking about that problem especially within Zelda.

But, I have Zelda and it's crystal clear on my Mitsu WS-55313 through the component cable I bought.

FarCry, Blazing Angels and Tiger Woods look absolutely incredible. They were sort of fuzzy on the factory composite cable.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    What is the progressive scan option? You're saying it has to be turned off so the image won't look pixelated?

Can someone tell me if this cable http://www.psyclonecables.com/produc...ex.asp?id=1034
    is at least 480p and if it has the progressive scan option? (I know these are really noobish questions but we all have to start somewhere!)

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    What is the progressive scan option? You're saying it has to be turned off so the image won't look pixelated?

Can someone tell me if this cable http://www.psyclonecables.com/produc...ex.asp?id=1034
    is at least 480p and if it has the progressive scan option? (I know these are really noobish questions but we all have to start somewhere!)
    progressive scan is when all the pixels are on at the same time, the average television is interlaced, meaning the top row comes in before the bottom row, for example

1------------------------------
    3------------------------------

2------------------------------
    4------------------------------

-=a used pixel

That is why if you see somebody wearing a striped shirt on television, you get weird lines on the screen, it's called moire (<spelling)

progressive scan on the other hand is like part 2 only

if you look at the HD types, that's what the letter stands for, for example 1080i 1080 rows of resolution (either vertical or horizontal, not sure) and it is an interlaced image

1080p, 1080 rows of resolution, a progressive scan image

It matters what game you are playing, but some games, mostly the older ones, the original console plugged in using the coax input (cable input), and those consoles did not support HD or ED, so the games aren't coded for high end graphics, when you turn on progressive scan, the video quality improves, showing the low end graphics of the game, because originally you wouldn't see the pixelation, there was no point of making an HD/ED game of there aren't any HD/ED televisions

Nintendo cares about coming out with better gameplay (for example the Wiimote) than they do about making high definition gaming, XBOX and playstation on the other hand, they care more about graphics, so they spend more time on their games improving the HD grapics that the gameplay lacks, for example, all MS did to the xbox 360 controller was make it wireless and move the black/white buttons to above the triggers, no new remote control looking be-in-the-action game console controller like Nintendo, so the public has to choose, grapics or gameplay?

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help

Member #
    Friends
    progressive scan is when all the pixels are on at the same time, the average television is interlaced, meaning the top row comes in before the bottom row, for example

-=a used pixel

That is why if you see somebody wearing a striped shirt on television, you get weird lines on the screen, it's called moire (<spelling)

progressive scan on the other hand is like part 2 only

if you look at the HD types, that's what the letter stands for, for example 1080i 1080 rows of resolution (either vertical or horizontal, not sure) and it is an interlaced image

1080p, 1080 rows of resolution, a progressive scan image

It matters what game you are playing, but some games, mostly the older ones, the original console plugged in using the coax input (cable input), and those consoles did not support HD or ED, so the games aren't coded for high end graphics, when you turn on progressive scan, the video quality improves, showing the low end graphics of the game, because originally you wouldn't see the pixelation, there was no point of making an HD/ED game of there aren't any HD/ED televisions

Nintendo cares about coming out with better gameplay (for example the Wiimote) than they do about making high definition gaming, XBOX and playstation on the other hand, they care more about graphics, so they spend more time on their games improving the HD grapics that the gameplay lacks, for example, all MS did to the xbox 360 controller was make it wireless and move the black/white buttons to above the triggers, no new remote control looking be-in-the-action game console controller like Nintendo, so the public has to choose, grapics or gameplay?
    Thanks now I get it!

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Thanks now I get it!
    No prob

Member #
    Friends
    I ordered some cheap ones off ebay. They work just fine, but I had to buy an additional set of component cables and 5 male to male adapters because the cable was only like 5ft long, (guess that what you get when you have a 65" tv) anyways, my cheap ebay cables ended up costing like $35

Member #
    Friends
    If you are using a standard tv (non-hiDef). you probally wont see much difference. but if you have a large projection or hdtv you will see a small difference. the real difference is between composite/svideo and component
    You couldn't fool your mother on the foolingest day of your life even if you had an electrified fooling machine!

I saw him once. Sure I'm blind in one eye, and my other eye was infected that day from picking at it, and I was tired, and I'd been swimming in a pool with too much chlorine, and that was the hour my glasses were at Lenscrafters but I seen that fish!

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofco
    Thanks, guess it's time for a new TV
    For a better picture that is probably your only choice. IMO you will see no difference between composite and S-video.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Ads