LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Component Cable Recommendations

I would like to purchase a component cable to enhance the graphical output of my Nintendo Wii, but I'm confused where to start. I know eBay has great prices for component cables and I'd like to get one there. Does the Nintendo Wii support HDMI and what are the effects of using a component cable above 480p? What is the best component cable available for the Nintendo Wii? Thank you for your responses in advance.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Get the offical nintendo componet cable, im not sure if you can use on over 480p even though thats plenty. For instance Zelda TP uses mabey 400i

Member #
    Friends
    Max res on the Wii is 720x480p. I bought the following $19.99us cable from my local Microcenter store, but you can order it online. The picture quality difference between composite and component is incredible. I have a Mitsubishi WS-55312 RPTV.

http://www.microcenter.com/game_room...duct_id=252126
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Quote Originally Posted by strommsarnac
    Max res on the Wii is 720x480p. I bought the following $19.99us cable from my local Microcenter store, but you can order it online. The picture quality difference between composite and component is incredible. I have a Mitsubishi WS-55312 RPTV.

http://www.microcenter.com/game_room...duct_id=252126
    Sorry, but you just threw away $10, I got mine for $9.99 at meritline, that is before they raised their price by a dollar

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Psyclone is going to be the best cable. Psyclone cables are made for high-definition gaming. I got a set for my Wii and PS2 when I got my new TV and it is beautimous.

As for HDMI...no the Wii doesn't support HDMI. Component will support up to 1080i, HDMI up to 1080p, and the Wii only plays at 480p.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Psyclone is going to be the best cable. Psyclone cables are made for high-definition gaming. I got a set for my Wii and PS2 when I got my new TV and it is beautimous.

As for HDMI...no the Wii doesn't support HDMI. Component will support up to 1080i, HDMI up to 1080p, and the Wii only plays at 480p.
    I went to their website and I found the cable for the Nintendo Wii, but how do you purchase it? There appears to be no Add to Cart function or something like that.

Also, I've read that cables that exceed 480p when used with the Nintendo Wii appear to make the image look pixelated. Is this true?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RJU690
    I went to their website and I found the cable for the Nintendo Wii, but how do you purchase it? There appears to be no Add to Cart function or something like that.

Also, I've read that cables that exceed 480p when used with the Nintendo Wii appear to make the image look pixelated. Is this true?
    It looks like meritline.com is out of stock on the cable at present. You can click the "Auto-Notify" button and the company will email you when they are back in stock. SD Cards and such are usually out of stock for a few days - - don't know how long it takes them to get more cables in.

Re: "...cables that exceed 480p..." cables don't control signals. The cable simply connects the electrical signals coming from the Wii's plug to the appropriate inputs on your display, LCD, whatever. ANY component cable is just making a straight wire connect from one point to another for each signal.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by len_f
    It looks like meritline.com is out of stock on the cable at present. You can click the "Auto-Notify" button and the company will email you when they are back in stock. SD Cards and such are usually out of stock for a few days - - don't know how long it takes them to get more cables in.

Re: "...cables that exceed 480p..." cables don't control signals. The cable simply connects the electrical signals coming from the Wii's plug to the appropriate inputs on your display, LCD, whatever. ANY component cable is just making a straight wire connect from one point to another for each signal.
    Sorry, I was referring to cables from Psyclone from a previous post. This is the cable I'm interested in: http://www.psyclonecables.com/produc...ex.asp?id=1034. But, like meritline.com, there also appears to be no Add to Cart function for this and all of their products!

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Quote Originally Posted by RJU690

I bought mine from Best Buy

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    DOH! Not really though. I was in one of those "I want it now" moods, so not having to wait 5-10 days was worth the $10.

What's funny is the same day I ordered a HDMI-DVI cable for my TV from meritline ($8.99 +4s/h). Only they didn't have a component cable for the Wii at the time, only composite.

Quote Originally Posted by gamechaser001
    Sorry, but you just threw away $10, I got mine for $9.99 at meritline, that is before they raised their price by a dollar
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Ads