LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2469-4835-3373-3754

Wii Remote 'Black Spot'

Hi, Just recently joined this forum and have enjoyed a lot of the information here! Anyway, I have a query that I can't really resolve or explain...

My Sensor bar is on the top of the TV approximaxtely 1.5m to 2m away (so within recommended distance) but I'm finding if I step maybe 20cm forward it totally loses the sensor on the middle of the screen, as if light from the window is disrupting the signal (even at night!). I can't think of why this could be, its all configured correctly, and its fine if I take half a step backwards/forwards, and when holding the remote at waist height its on the same level as the sensor bar (personally I'd prefer my TV a little higher!). Anyone got any ideas or can shed any light on this?

Thanks a Lot,
    ins0

Member #
    Friends
    Its because you have a Wii from the United States. The measurments that you speak of are Metric and the US console doesn't understand. It is calibrated in inches.

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    try moving the sensor bar to the bottom, or if not try re-syncing remotes.

Member #
    Friends
    2469-4835-3373-3754
    I'll try moving it to the bottom - resyncing didn't have any effect, common sense says to me its better to have the sensor bar more central to the place you normally hold it, but its worth a shot i suppose! (its that or play kneeling down )

Member #
    Friends
    Take a digital camera w/ a lcd and look for any other ir emitting devices that will fool the wiimote.
    You couldn't fool your mother on the foolingest day of your life even if you had an electrified fooling machine!

I saw him once. Sure I'm blind in one eye, and my other eye was infected that day from picking at it, and I was tired, and I'd been swimming in a pool with too much chlorine, and that was the hour my glasses were at Lenscrafters but I seen that fish!

Ads