LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wiikey switch

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    So does this thing really work? And if so, what happens when an update is sent out to the Wii? Lastly and the biggie, has anyone thought about if Nintendo can SEE that mod chip? Cause if so, they could easily prevent any modded Wii from getting access to the online services.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Don't believe his lies. KyleForMe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5710-8093-1849-3803
    Quote Originally Posted by strommsarnac
    So does this thing really work? And if so, what happens when an update is sent out to the Wii? Lastly and the biggie, has anyone thought about if Nintendo can SEE that mod chip? Cause if so, they could easily prevent any modded Wii from getting access to the online services.
    the answer to your question is no one knows yet. These companies would like you to believe that their chips will continue to be undetectable. However it is not like Nintendo can't just buy these chips themselves. About the updates, the Wii is still very young and thus far has gotten few updates, give it some time. Im sure Nintendo will send some updates if it is possible to cause interference.

Member #
    Friends
    You don't NEED the switch, as the chip is totally undetectable. And it already turns itself off once it's done booting, so it will not be detected and it isn't needed at all - hence it shuts down. It inject the info into the drive, and then shuts down to conserve power.

Check out the features of the WiiKey chip at the site where I bought it, I think it even says it goes into stealth mode.

http://www.ps2cover.com/nintendo-wii...p-wiikey.shtml

Save the $15.00 - you don't and probably WON'T need it. Why have some guy drill a hole in your wii case to make a switch stick out there.
    ===========================
    Pimped Wii Console in Chrome Case
    WiiKey Mod Chip - Bought From
    -No External Links
    Xbox 360 (Yes.. I do play it ;-) )

Member #
    Friends
    As a wiikey user, I would vote for no switch. It's pointless, and will just mess up the looks of your system. It wouldn't serve any useful purpose imho.

Member #
    Friends
    6551-5337-6521-7064
    yep i agree on that there is no need for a switch. you could put that 15$ towards some dvd's to burn onto.

rep me or else i will eat your shoes

Shigeru Miyamoto is my god

Member #
    Friends
    2291-3059-0957-1397
    Before any modding project, I would say get a backup console, in this case a Wii, buy one for normal use, then buy one for tinkering, that way if you do run into modding problems, (or if Ninty finds you out), you have a second Wii to fall back on, I want a modded Wii myself (well, I want to mod a Wii, then keep the modded Wii I mod), but I would never mod my current Wii, if I could find a cheap Wii somewhere, I might buy one though

As for the switch, it would always be a good idea to switch your modchip, that way you can still act as if it's not modded, then when you want to play a bootleg or a backup (just backups though right? lol), flip the switch and off you go, modded Wii

No spamming referral links - Further attempts at advertising will not be tolerated. kthx

If you know anything about LEDs please put input, click on the link beliw, I can really use the help
    http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...tml#post149729

Ads