LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    most likely pre-order will have some special gift, they usually do, like a discounted bundle package, I'm hoping included is wii-sports, 2 wii-motes nunchuk attached and a few free VC downloads as core, and maybe a zelda bundled discount package, then I only need to get red-steel and over the next few months a couple more controllers, If the release is oct 2 then I'll have $320-$360 saved, should be enough for what I want.. for now...
    If you never try you may never fail, but you will also never succeed.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    hey

I would be pleased with just...

WiiMote + NunChuck + SensorBar
    Nintendo Wii Console

Things I'd quite like as bonus...

Wii Sports
    Extra WiiMote + NunChuck
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Classic Controller + Virtual Console game(s)

I think it will be quite likely that Wii Sports and an Extra WiiMote (not sure about an Extra NunChuck) will be included as standard, as to attract more non gamers. I think it is less likely that the Classic Controller and Virtual Console game(s) will be included. Hmm, maybe there will be multiple packages? ones for gamers, and ones for non gamers. The gamers package may include Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess + Classic Controller + Virtual Console game(s), and the non gamers may include Wii Sports + Extra WiiMote(s).

I was just thinking that it would be a nice idea for them to sell the Classic Controller separately, together with 3-5 Virtual Console games .

BTW, I always thought the SensorBar was just part of the Console/WiiMote???, anyhows I just listed it to avoid confusion.

cyas
    Last edited by yosh64; 09-12-2006 at 08:19 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by registerednerd
    The gamecube controller of which you speak is simply that. A gamecube controller. It was officially announced that there will be game cube controller ports on the Wii.
    i KNEW that.. the ports are under that "mischievous" flap. i meant i had heard that you GET a gc controller in the box to plug INTO the ports. After reading other boards though i'm getting a lil' less confident in that.

All your wii are belong to mii.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3StFuDq7M8[/MEDIA]

Wii online moderator registerednerd's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    ^^yeah, preatty much. Except, the gamecube ports aren't under the "infamous flap", they are under a hidden flap on the top/side (depending on how it's oriented). The "infamous flap" contains the SD card slot.

***EDIT***
    woops, didn't quite understand that right (that's why I always make sure to re-read what I reply to). Where in the heck did the delete button go on here?
    Last edited by registerednerd; 09-12-2006 at 09:15 PM. Reason: misunderstood reply
    ... but what do I know?...
    Not currently accepting friend adds.

Member #
    Friends
    Right, okay..now what else was it that I want to know...ah yes.

Do you think that the base (that the Wii rests on) will come in the box? It is in like every picture you see of it so...yea. Is it?

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Yeah, I bet they'll put it in the box, although they could sell it seperate like Sony did with their slim PS2. Personally, I really like how it looks on that little stand, but at the same time, I'm not sure wether I'd leave it on there because I'm afraid someone would knock it over...at which point, I would kill that person.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Posts when necessary. linkzeldagame's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Oh please - as if the Wii will break by having it knocked over. I once dropped my N64 down a long stairway and it didn't break at all. It worked like the incident never happened.

The only thing i'm concerned about is the GC ports. If they were at the side, not at the top of the Wii then if someone got carried away with a racing game or SSBM then they would pull the controller out of the machine - that's not a problem with the GC as the ports are at the front of the machine. The ports, being at the top of the Wii will not allow the controllers to be pulled away easily but will ensure that the Wii will be dragged along with the unintended pulling of the GC controller.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain
    I would say the Nunchuk and sensor bar will both come with the console, since they both seem to be essential to some games. I'm not so sure about the classic controller, but it's a fairly good possibility.
    Agreed.

Besides since the system is garunteed to be less then 250$ it really couldn't come with too much more without the price having to go up.

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo has stated the basic nunchuks(by basic I mean not the zapper, classic controller, etc that Nintendo also classifies as a nunchuk attachment) will be included with the core controllers, which makes sense that the ones also in the console package would have the nunchuk included. as for pulling the console off with the controller, just knock you friend in the head with a tack hammer if they even come close and they will make sure not to do it again, but if you have it next to something so it can't fall to the side and a little room in front it shouldn't hard it for a little jolt.
    If you never try you may never fail, but you will also never succeed.

Ads