LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: SD Card

  1. #11
    WiiChat Member mabhz's Avatar
    Member #
    21129
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    54
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Thanks for you info, AZ, but let me ask you: is this absolutely sure thing? any brand or model of SD card will work on wii????

    many people have read posts in foruns saying that this or that card didnt work.

    You said the only use is for in-game. DOnt i need it for savegames, browser info, mii, etc, etc,???

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    Wii Player Retman's Avatar
    Member #
    20990
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    418
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7002-2691-0805-1516
    It doesn't matter on the brand/model Period.

    You cant do anything with miis with a SD Card

    All you can do with a SD card is back up your channels/save data, edit pictures and/or short video clips in teh photo channel, play your own music from it on excite truck.

    Not worth purchasing a SD card right now in my mind


    Pokemon Diamond: 3608 8338 6172

    Spoiler Alert!

  4. #13
    WiiChat Member AZ_Wii_Tard's Avatar
    Member #
    19726
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    358
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    Quote Originally Posted by Retman
    It doesn't matter on the brand/model Period.

    You cant do anything with miis with a SD Card

    All you can do with a SD card is back up your channels/save data, edit pictures and/or short video clips in teh photo channel, play your own music from it on excite truck.

    Not worth purchasing a SD card right now in my mind
    That's about all the SD card is needed for at this time. You can use it to View and Edit pictures, Listen to music in Excite Truck It's the only game I know of that it works in. You can also save VC games to an SD card if you want. Other than that there is really not need for one as of now.
    Nintendo Support Help

    -No External Links

  5. #14
    Wii Player Retman's Avatar
    Member #
    20990
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    418
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7002-2691-0805-1516
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Wii_Tard
    That's about all the SD card is needed for at this time. You can use it to View and Edit pictures, Listen to music in Excite Truck It's the only game I know of that it works in. You can also save VC games to an SD card if you want. Other than that there is really not need for one as of now.
    Dude, you just repeated me point?


    Pokemon Diamond: 3608 8338 6172

    Spoiler Alert!

  6. #15
    StealthSoul StealthSoul's Avatar
    Member #
    20840
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    114
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2144-6234-8176-9504
    Quote Originally Posted by Retman
    short video clips
    If I convert a whole movie and copy it to SD card, will that work?
    Or only short clips as stated above?

    also
    Does anyone know where I can get cheap SD cards and SD card readers online in the UK for cheap? Amazon Marketplace is really confusing for this sd card >.<
    | sTealth |


  7. #16
    Wii Player Retman's Avatar
    Member #
    20990
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    418
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7002-2691-0805-1516
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthSoul
    If I convert a whole movie and copy it to SD card, will that work?
    Or only short clips as stated above?

    also
    Does anyone know where I can get cheap SD cards and SD card readers online in the UK for cheap? Amazon Marketplace is really confusing for this sd card >.<
    Full movies? yes but:

    1) that would take ages and i mean ages
    2) you cant fit a movie on a 1GB SD card.
    3) remember: when you convert a movie to the format the wii takes it will be a large, large, large size.


    NOTE: To anyone who seen a SD card under 10 on amazon.co.uk don't fall for it, they add a massive p&p on it, i'm talking about 10 p&p


    Pokemon Diamond: 3608 8338 6172

    Spoiler Alert!

  8. #17
    StealthSoul StealthSoul's Avatar
    Member #
    20840
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    114
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2144-6234-8176-9504
    Quote Originally Posted by Retman
    Full movies? yes but:

    1) that would take ages and i mean ages
    2) you cant fit a movie on a 1GB SD card.
    3) remember: when you convert a movie to the format the wii takes it will be a large, large, large size.


    NOTE: To anyone who seen a SD card under &#163;10 on amazon.co.uk don't fall for it, they add a massive p&p on it, i'm talking about &#163;10 p&p
    How long would it take for a 20 minute long video in AVI around 100mb to convert and how big would it be, roughly?

    If it takes too long and too big size, then I dont think I'll get an SD card any time soon XD
    Last edited by StealthSoul; 04-20-2007 at 01:13 PM.
    | sTealth |


  9. #18
    Uss Clan ***** Major Tom's Avatar
    Member #
    12312
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Command Cluster
    Posts
    1,220
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    I'm not sure it depends on the file size & format of the video.

  10. #19
    Wii Player Retman's Avatar
    Member #
    20990
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    418
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7002-2691-0805-1516
    Depends on alot StealthSoul.

    Sorry we cant help.


    Pokemon Diamond: 3608 8338 6172

    Spoiler Alert!

  11. #20
    StealthSoul StealthSoul's Avatar
    Member #
    20840
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    114
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2144-6234-8176-9504
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    I'm not sure it depends on the file size & format of the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthsoul
    AVI around 100mb
    Ah well, I looked online there seems to be alot of problems with videos, i'll probably wait a while to get one. thanks for answering my questions Retman and Major Tom
    | sTealth |


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts