Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    I was thinking about getting a Wavebird...
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.

We remain unwritten through history
    no x will mark us on the map
    but in books of pros and poetry
    you loved me once in a paragraph.

SteamID: WaywardWaterGod

For any Pokemon games, PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    definitely spend the extra money to get a WaveBird instead of a 3rd party wireless GC controller. theres no sensitivity problems and it fits great in your hands, even for someone with smaller hands like me, so i say go for it

Member #
    Friends
    4600-2644-5665-4693
    its is just as good and I have never tried the wired ones i sold it so i wont ever have 2 see that again

Member #
    Friends
    4391-3728-1657-2213
    Quote Originally Posted by brcrane
    I went to EB Games and bought a used Wavebird controller. Works great, and was only 14 bucks.
    $14 bucks at an EB Games?? Geeze... I have a few of those and a GameStop around me locally I gotta go check that out and see if they're that cheap here too.

Member #
    Friends
    I purchased an ebgames/gamestop wireless gamecube controller new for $20. There were not any wavebirds at the location I visited. This controller is smaller than the wavebird. I suppose I have small hands. I haven't used a wavebird, but I think I'll stick with this one, as it fits my hands rather well. I might have to get another for the gf. Additionally, I haven't experienced any incompatibilites with the gamestop wireless controller and the Wii. The only games I have used it with are: "SSX On Tour", "Hunter: The Reckoning", "Mario Kart".

hope my input is useful.

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrw
    I purchased an ebgames/gamestop wireless gamecube controller new for $20. There were not any wavebirds at the location I visited. This controller is smaller than the wavebird. I suppose I have small hands. I haven't used a wavebird, but I think I'll stick with this one, as it fits my hands rather well. I might have to get another for the gf. Additionally, I haven't experienced any incompatibilites with the gamestop wireless controller and the Wii. The only games I have used it with are: "SSX On Tour", "Hunter: The Reckoning", "Mario Kart".

hope my input is useful.
    I have only ever heard about compatability issues with 3rd party wireless remotes. All of the PAL Wii owners that I know have told me to stick to wavebirds (which I own!) as not all 3rd party wireless remotes work. To hear that yours do is definately useful (to me, anyway!)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiiaholic
    $14 bucks at an EB Games?? Geeze... I have a few of those and a GameStop around me locally I gotta go check that out and see if they're that cheap here too.
    Im sure they will be just as cheap since Gamestop and EB run on the same corporate pricing structure. Just look in their "Used Hardware" section. You could even just ask the person at the counter if they have any used Gamecube WaveBird controllers and he/she should be able to tell you on the spot. Picked up a used Gamecube memory card from there as well for about $9.
    myspace.com/bmoneycrane

Member #
    Friends
    4391-3728-1657-2213
    One of my wireless GameCube controllers came a few days ago and I've tested it on Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Double Dash on the Wii. So far this Pelican G3 Wireless Controller has performed perfectly. The controller is very light and has perfect response timing so far on the tested games above. It runs on 2 AA batteries and there's just a button on the receiver that you push to initiate controller recognition the first time you use it. Other than that, you can move it into any of the 4 controller ports and it works flawlessly. I'll let you guys know how the battery life is whenever the first pair dies.

Member #
    Friends
    just got mine new off eBay (sealed). apparently some wii games work with the Wavebird/gamecube controller. and um, of course SD Gecko

e.g. Tenkaichi 2 works with both classic and wavebird but the wavebird setup looks alot better???

Member #
    Friends
    8136-3378-7498-8886

rumble feature

I've only been coming across 3rd party wavebirds, and none that I've seen have the rumble feature. i know, i know...it drains the batteries and isn't really necessary...but i know they exist, and want a few with the feature.

Ads