LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8674-6414-6050-2160

Corrupted Saved Files

Yeah so I was playing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for about five hours and I got pretty far, almost done, but anyways. So my Dad came down stairs and said why don't we play Wii Sports? I said sure and we played a couple rounds of Tennis, baseball, bowling, and golfing. Then we did the Wii fitness. Everything was fine, we saw nothing wrong with anything. It was getting late and my Dad wanted to go to bed, so we hit the home button on the Wiimote and we got to the main menu and within a few second this whole black screen popped up saying, "Your Wii Files have been corrupted, please look at the Wii System Manual for troubleshooting". So we didn't think anything of it and I said Dad turn it off and turn it back on. Well that didn't work, it popped up again. So then we shut it off and unplugged the power cord, well that didn't work either! I was getting a little irritated . So I looked up the troubleshooting and it said I had to call this number, I called the number and didn't wait long, after listening to Zelda music lol, and a guy picked up and told him my situation. He was extremely nice. He told me to do the things I did before, but I did it anyways again. He then proceed to tell me that he could not think of anything else to stop this message from popping up. He then said that Nintendo would have to replace the whole system! He said it was free and that all the memory would still be saved on the new Wii. He told me that he was going to send a box for me to send the Wii back to somewhere in New York. It will take a couple days to get the box and then it will take 8 to 10 business days to get the Wii back. I was so angry! I mean it wasn't the guys fault, and I wasn't mad at him, but I guess these things happen, and to the best of us. What am I going to do without my Wii for like a week or two ? Guess this is a sign to study more for my class in college . So yeah thatís my lovely news. Not very happy about it but oh well, what are you gunna do, right?
    ~Ashley

Member #
    Friends
    Damn thats harsh. But look on the bright side: Better exam grades for the time being.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    8674-6414-6050-2160
    Quote Originally Posted by Byuakuya
    Damn thats harsh. But look on the bright side: Better exam grades for the time being.
    Lol this is very true.
    ~Ashley

Member #
    Friends
    Anyway, don't feel too bad about it. I know its hard to pass the time knowing that you could have been playing on your wii but you should get a new one in no time at all.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Ads