LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Beginner questions... (wii and s-video, wii in 900p screen)

Hello community,

This is my first post, and I will just ask to beginner questions. I'm going to buy a Wii and a screen/tv, but I would like to make the right decision. I'm having a small budget.

1. Have you played the wii in a 15" 1280*768 tv through s-video connection? Is the image quality good enough?

2. I have the option of buying a 19" 1440*900 via DVI (using a component to DVI adapter) but I don't know if the image will expand and deform, and the sharpness will be lost...

What of those options could be the best?

Thanks a lot

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Radii0
    Hello community,

This is my first post, and I will just ask to beginner questions. I'm going to buy a Wii and a screen/tv, but I would like to make the right decision. I'm having a small budget.

1. Have you played the wii in a 15" 1280*768 tv through s-video connection? Is the image quality good enough?

2. I have the option of buying a 19" 1440*900 via DVI (using a component to DVI adapter) but I don't know if the image will expand and deform, and the sharpness will be lost...

What of those options could be the best?

Thanks a lot
    Not sure about other countries, but in the UK,
    a) the Wii doesn't have a S-video socket and b) S-video only carries video, the sound will be lost.
    I would go with the second option. Although it would work on any TV that has a scart socket in the back of the TV (standard now for many years) and the connection the Wii automatically comes with.

Hope I've helped.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Ads