Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    Quote Originally Posted by EVILFOXHOUND
    Interestingly enough, I have been using the official RGB SCART up until today when i decided to buy the official Component lead.

Anyway, upon testing them both on my 26" HDTV, I noticed that SCART actually gives a slightley better picture quality in 480i than the Component gives in 480p. I'm sure there will be an argument from someone here LOL. But i just find it very odd after all the fuss people make about Component. (Component on my 360 is beautiful though )

Dont even bother with Composite if you have an LCD screen, i find it almost unplayable and ugly.
    Are you crazy? If your TV is able to play 480P then you want to get a cable that allows you to display that. You have no idea what your talking about. Get a component cable for any TV that displays 480P
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    0090-8105-5399-0889
    Component gives great colour and sharpness, but one problem with component is that it reveals flaws in some games.
    Excite Truck has some ugly dithering in places - for you old pc gamers, its like the 16 bit colour in games using early pc 3d accelerators. I noticed this too with resident evil 4, mainly the sky (both playing on Wii and Gamecube).
    Anyone else has notice this? (Happens on both my hdtvs, so it is the games).

Member #
    Friends
    I wouldn't say that component reveals the flaws....

It's more like Composite Hides the jagged pixels, by blurring the picture ,..... But do you really want a blurry picture, just so you don't notice the "flaws" as much ?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dogon1013

It's more like Composite Hides the jagged pixels, by blurring the picture ,..... But do you really want a blurry picture, just so you don't notice the "flaws" as much ?

well said...

Member #
    Friends
    0090-8105-5399-0889
    Quote Originally Posted by dogon1013

Given the choice, I'll take the progressive scan component picture over the composite. But I reserve the right to bitch about it.
    I still say component reveals the flaws. Glass half full/half empty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Wii_Tard
    Are you crazy? If your TV is able to play 480P then you want to get a cable that allows you to display that. You have no idea what your talking about. Get a component cable for any TV that displays 480P
    Like I said, i use the Component cable but I still stand by my argument that the RGB scart gives slightly richer colours.

Well, I guess i'm just used to seeing beautiful images coming from my 360. The Wii looks like shit no matter what you use to display it. But graphics arent why you got your Wii, right?

And as for your comment about me not knowing what I am talking about. I happen to be a Cinematographer, my job relies on seeing a good picture and having extensive knowlege of digital image distribution. So think before making statements like that about people you dont know

Member #
    Friends
    Wanted to back up EVILFOXHOUND. Interlaced RGB should provide a better picture than interlaced component on a display that supports both styles of input. The RGB does not have to be preprocessed before display like component does.

AZ_Wii_Tard: The deinterlacing in his display might be higher quality than normal. I know that my tv is able to do a better 3:2 pulldown and deinterlace than most progressive scan dvd players so I can get a better picture with an interlaced unit!
    Last edited by ciper; 05-01-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    its good!
    iMac 2.4ghz Aluminum, 4GB iPhone, 12 iPods!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    The deinterlacing in his display might be higher quality than normal. I know that my tv is able to do a better 3:2 pulldown and deinterlace than most progressive scan dvd players so I can get a better picture with an interlaced unit!
    3:2 pulldown is only used to for movie to DVD transfer, not for video games. A lot of games are design to run at 60 frames per second already so there is no synchronisation problem.

(This is why when you take these games to play on a PAL TV, a 50 frame per second system, you get a 17% reduction of game speed)

However movies are shot at 24 frames per second, to transfer it to a 60 frame per second, NTSC system, the original movie repeats film frames in a recurring 3:2 pattern. In other words, the film frame sequence is A, A, A, B, B, C, C, C, D, D, and so on. This is why it's called "3:2" pulldown. EDIT: In PAL land, movies are transfer to DVD using a slightly different 2:2 pulldown technique (24 fps -> 50 fps PAL system).

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by dchao; 05-02-2007 at 01:50 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Question: So if I'm going to be primarily connected to a 42" LCD HD tv, should I buy an RGB SCART or a component? Is it a matter of preference? Does it brand matter when buying? I noticed many third party component cables don't elaborate on the shielding used.

Ads