LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    All I am saying is that the component cable versus the standard cable is a huge difference in what your picture is. I do not have scart since I live in the US so I have no idea what that does. But if you have a TV capable of 480P then your best picture will come from a Component cable RGB.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    7002-2691-0805-1516
    Well i bought 'em

Pokemon Diamond: 3608 8338 6172

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Wii_Tard
    All I am saying is that the component cable versus the standard cable is a huge difference in what your picture is. I do not have scart since I live in the US so I have no idea what that does. But if you have a TV capable of 480P then your best picture will come from a Component cable RGB.
    Are all component cables RGB? (probably a stupid question)

Does it matter which brand of component I buy?

I've heard the shielding in the Nintendo version is subpar.

Member #
    Friends
    Hi Sporty,

I read your 1st post and looks like you are from US. SCART is a European standard, it's like more composite cable rather than component cable.

There is only one type of component cable. The Red/Green/Blue plugs your see are used by the Wii to send the three signals (Y-Pb-Pr) to the TV. This component cable is capable of delivery up to 1080P signal, since the Wii can only go up to 480P, just buy the cheap one and you will still get excellent result.

I would say the built-quality of the Nintendo cable is medium, for the same money you can get better quality ones, or same quality for less money.
    Last edited by dchao; 05-02-2007 at 07:28 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5976-8685-8380-4889
    As far as I know all component cable are RGB. I would also only buy the Nintendo Component Cable for the fact that if anything ever happened to your Wii or the Cables it would be warrantied by Nintendo since it's their product. I have not had any problems with mine. There are a bunch of cables that work, ie: gamestop brand (game shark I think), which to me look low quality and are $50 last time I checked. I know best buy and circuit city sell some but they too are $50-$60. Ebay has a bunch from $10-$20 depending on which ones you get. But I would never trust any of those. To each his own I guess but in my opinion I would stick to the $30 Nintendo brand cables.
    Nintendo Support Help

-No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    While digging around the net, I found the pin out for the Wii AV connector.

For anyone who is interested:

http://nfggames.com/wiki/doku.php?id...ulti_av_pinout
    Last edited by dchao; 05-02-2007 at 02:31 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dchao
    Hi Sporty,

I read your 1st post and looks like you are from US. SCART is a European standard, it's like more composite cable rather than component cable. And it does include the R/G/B signals for connection to a PC monitor (see explanation about R/G/B below)

There is only one type of component cable. The Red/Green/Blue plugs your see represent the Y-Pb-Pr signals. The component cable is capable of delivery up to 1080P signal, since the Wii can only go up to 480P, just buy the cheap one and you will still get excellent result.

I would say the built-quality of the Nintendo cable is medium, for the same money you can get better quality ones, or same quality for less money.
    Yeah, I figured RGB stood for Red Green Blue. Any recommendations for well shielded cables? I saw the Monster Cables were 60$ (they're always overpriced). You answered my question perfectly, thanks!
    Last edited by Sportyyyy; 05-02-2007 at 04:28 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    while the Wii cannot put out HighDef, the component cables will make the picture more clear for you
    No offense, but you are wrong. The Wii puts out 720x480i/p. BOTH are HighDef. Technically, anything above 640x480 is considered HD.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportyyyy
    Yeah, I figured RGB stood for Red Green Blue. Any recommendations for well shielded cables? I saw the Monster Cables were 60$ (they're always overpriced). You answered my question perfectly, thanks!
    Not sure you NEED shielded. I bought MadCatz component cable ($19.99us), but I've see the cheaper www.meritline.com cable and it's just as good. I can't tell a difference between either and Monster's.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportyyyy
    Does it matter which brand of component I buy?

I've heard the shielding in the Nintendo version is subpar.
    My first component cables were third party ones (can't remember the make). Although they were not cheap crappy ones and seemed quite well built. However they picked up some noise in the picture (Very noticeable!), it looked like it was from electrical interference (I think it was my PC nearby).

However, I ditched them for the official Nintendo Component Cable and the picture was noise free.

Hope this info helps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads