LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by dogon1013
    The system turned out good, It's barelly noticable, unless you spot the projector, though it's not 100% done (waiting on a transcoder for 480P and I need to hide some more wires).

I got the projector mounted and working well. Even hooked up the surround sound (includeing subwoofer behind the easychair).

The sensorbar is just double sided taped to the wall. made a shelf for the projector, and for one of the rear speakers. front speakers were mounted to the wall with white speakerwire running to the reciever behind the easychair. I know have a nice "bowling lane" to run towards the screen while wii bowling.

I like it

PS I'm trying to upload photos, but having trouble, will try again later.
    PPS Got it

Nice setup - you were looking for something a bit more permanent than i thought. Are you going to be using wire molding to hide the wires running up the back of the speaker? Looks like you spent a lot of time/money on that stuff, but good work!

http://www.tripletags.com/profile.asp?memberID=42658

D.o.W (Date of Wii): Apr 22, 2007 | 3 WiiMotes | 2 Nunchucks

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Since i have to hide a VGA cable (with connectors), S-video, AC power cable (with connectors) and speaker wire, I need something special for that corner, the standard molding won't do it. A flat strip of white wood would do it (3 inches wide).

There is also a PC behind that box near the cables. and I plan on painting the sensorbar wire the same color as the wall to make the wife happier. I didn't plan on spending that much time and effort on it, but she wanted it to be as stealth as possible. I had all the equipment except for the rear-speakers in storage, so it didn't cost too much. The transcoder, adapters, and cabling did cost about $200, but now that room actually gets some use and I can play Wii while the wife watches TV.

Member #
    Friends
    Got the Transcoder today (x2vga) it works well, and the picture looks great in 480P, very clear. The grass textures on wii sports tennis look very nice and the text is easy to read, and doesn't look muddled anymore. Even the text when opera browsing is very readable.

The livingroom is now officially the game room.

Ads