Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii w/ Computer LCD

Hey! First post!

My TV died and I'm about to replace my computer monitor w/ a sick new samsung 22" LCD. I'm hoping there is a way for me to play the way on the monitor.

I'm thinking ... a PCI TV Tuner? Would that work? It would need RCA in then, right? I've been looking at em on Newegg & TigerDirect but I'm not exactly sure what I would need.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
    Atr3yu

Member #
    Friends
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    This is the kind of cable you might want to buy to conect thr RCA to a Computer LCD screen http://www.computercasesandcables.com/ccc/CV-25120.html
    And for the sound you might want to use one of these http://www.welovemacs.com/5502ttcc.html

Good luck
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

Member #
    Friends
    No, that cable deal actually won't work at all. That's for a video card that can display on a regular TV, but lacks that output. It WILL NOT do the conversion itself. You'll just end up with a bunch of garbled lines with no visible picture.

I point you to a review I did a while back. You'll need a box of some sort, and this is one of the best for the price, particularly if you want HD.
    Last edited by astrophysicist; 05-04-2007 at 08:04 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    yes, TV turner from ATI would work. my Theatre 550 Pro has composite/s-video in), maybe the newer 650 Pro has component. Or you can just get a new video card that has video in (composite/s-video/component). with TV tuner you'll need software (Power Cinema), don't think you'll need software if it's a videocard with video in (i forget). Both ways you'll need speakers unless your LCD has built in speakers which could plug directly to your soundcard/tv tuner which ever is used...
    Last edited by Nemix; 05-04-2007 at 11:09 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    The average PC monitor has a VGA input and maybe a DVI input. But the Wii has a component YPrPb output, so there is no match. To convert the Wii signal to compatible PC monitor signal requires a speciallized hardware (called the transcoder).

Here is one (KDS ClearVideo3)

This transcoder will convert the the YPrPb component signal from Wii to the VGA/RGB signal used by the monitor. (Note: VGA is just non-interlaced/progressive RGB). Retail price over $300 - however now discountinued.

Review:
    http://www.audaud.com/audaud/JUN04/component/comp2.html

it's available on eBay from time to time:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150119382946
    Last edited by dchao; 05-04-2007 at 12:20 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    the above word work, without PC. i was gonna recommend that but thought the price didn't go down yet, was gonna buy that for my now sold XBox.

Member #
    Friends
    Kind of makes me wonder why there isn't a vga cable for Wii because there is for Xbo 360.

"I love the Power Glove...it's so bad." - Lucas Barton

Member #
    Friends
    1111-1111-1111-1111
    you can always buy a LCD TV with a VGA input....

but it will limit the resolution for your computer to 1360*768(xvga) or 1024*768 (vga) depend on the tv you choose !?!

PLUS !!!! IT WILL MORE EXPENSIVE TO BUY (WAY MORE EXPENSIVE THEN A LCD MONITOR) LOL
    Last edited by Wii-licious; 05-04-2007 at 12:55 PM.
    [CENTER]

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by David328ci
    Kind of makes me wonder why there isn't a vga cable for Wii because there is for Xbo 360.
    Acutally there is. It's available for the European market, the PAL version Wii. So I am assuming the hardware is capable of producing the RGB component signals to feed your VGA cable. To enable it on an US NTSC Wii, you probably need some internal hacks.

Official PAL RGB SCART cable:
    http://nfggames.com/forum/index.php?...20&#entry16842
    Last edited by dchao; 05-04-2007 at 01:31 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Except that the sync is on the green channel of the scart connector and most vga monitors dont support this. Look at the efforts to get a vga signal out of classic game consoles and you will see how many of the attempts failed.

ATR3YU: Try to get an Audio Authority 9A65

Ads