LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Score is based on the number of pins. Hooking or not has no factor. In fact you can get "Nice Throw" when the ball is straight.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    to quote sovieto.....

Quote Originally Posted by sovieto
    el oh el
    Go away you stupid n00b. Of course it's possible to get a strike bowling straight. We are simply discussing how to INCREASE the probability of getting one.

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Score is based on the number of pins. Hooking or not has no factor. In fact you can get "Nice Throw" when the ball is straight.
    The number of pins you are able to knock down on a more consistent basis is increased due to physics.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    How can that kid talk about computers and the like and not understand the simple physics behind pin action?

Member #
    Friends
    Jorge: Elaborate

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    LOL, i'm going to post anyways.

It is proven that hitting between the 1 and 3 (or 1 and 2 for lefties). Creates the most "pin action". Second best is "brooklyn" or hooking from right to left across the left face of the "pyramid" of pins. The worst practical way is to hit the head pin dead center, it creates way too many splits.

Eh, just hit it where we tell you, don't ask any questions, and watch your score rise.

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    It will take way too long for me to explain why exactly hooking it creates higher scores. The easiest way I can put it is that if you throw it dead straight and hit the ideal position (the middle pin and the pin to the right or left of it) the ball will deflect and certain pins are left standing 80% of the time. If the ball is hooking then the momentum will send more pins flying around ("pin action") and your chance of leaving any pins drops to 10-15%

Look for any bowling event on ESPN. EVERY professional bowler hooks the ball. If you can't catch one and you want to get out then go to your local bowling alley during a legitimate league night and just watch.

If you still have trouble believing me...just believe me. I have bowled for 8 years, worked in bowling alleys, attended numerous seminars, attended the most renowned bowling school in the world, along with numerous perfect games.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchwii2
    When i play bowling with my controller on Wiisports, it always goes left. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? i think its stuck, but i dunno

Practice, you will get better.

Age old tradition to blame the game for user error

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    It will take way too long for me to explain why exactly hooking it creates higher scores. The easiest way I can put it is that if you throw it dead straight and hit the ideal position (the middle pin and the pin to the right or left of it) the ball will deflect and certain pins are left standing 80% of the time. If the ball is hooking then the momentum will send more pins flying around ("pin action") and your chance of leaving any pins drops to 10-15%

Look for any bowling event on ESPN. EVERY professional bowler hooks the ball. If you can't catch one and you want to get out then go to your local bowling alley during a legitimate league night and just watch.

If you still have trouble believing me...just believe me. I have bowled for 8 years, worked in bowling alleys, attended numerous seminars, attended the most renowned bowling school in the world, along with numerous perfect games.

I bowl for varsity right now....220ish average. What is the most renowned bowling school in the world?

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    I bowl for varsity right now....220ish average. What is the most renowned bowling school in the world?
    Kegel Training Center in Winter Haven, FL.

Proud Wii-S3 owner

Ads