+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mod Chip

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1847-0713-6872-0106

Mod Chip

Hi i live in the UK and was wondering if anyone knows where i can get my wii chipped so i can play US games as they usually come out earlier there.

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    ebay maybe. or just look somewhere on the internet. the internet has everything.

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

Member #
    Friends
    7002-2691-0805-1516
    you'd need to send your wii away to people who do it.

You can get tons of different modchips, but many people who make then don't chip your wii for you.

Pokemon Diamond: 3608 8338 6172

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Its illegal in the UK and US. modding is so stupid, it voids your warrenty, and nintendo has recently announced that future firmware updates will ban mod chips and stuff. Its really stupid, no reason. Go play xbox, lotso f geeks play xbox and theycan mod your 360 for you. I suggest you don't mod, its unwelcome, stupid, useless, will shut down your wii, cost crap, and has no use. Your an idiot for modding.

Member #
    Friends
    ty for the wii number, just reported.

Member #
    Friends
    btw online games will not work at all. Say you get SSBB for US(im sure it will be worldwide though.) you won't be able to play online, unless you go to your reigon first.

Member #
    Friends
    7002-2691-0805-1516
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiiownu
    Its illegal in the UK and US. modding is so stupid, it voids your warrenty, and nintendo has recently announced that future firmware updates will ban mod chips and stuff. Its really stupid, no reason. Go play xbox, lotso f geeks play xbox and theycan mod your 360 for you. I suggest you don't mod, its unwelcome, stupid, useless, will shut down your wii, cost crap, and has no use. Your an idiot for modding.
    1) there is a feature in some mod chips which when actived the wii cant do anything to it.
    2) it won't "shut your wii down"
    3) They have a use - backups, play different region games, homebrew.

And your last post - you will be able to play online games

If i was you - research before typing u n00b.

Pokemon Diamond: 3608 8338 6172

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Retman
    1) there is a feature in some mod chips which when actived the wii cant do anything to it.
    2) it won't "shut your wii down"
    3) They have a use - backups, play different region games, homebrew.

And your last post - you will be able to play online games

If i was you - research before typing u n00b.
    1.)your right your Wii cannot do anything physically to the mod (see #2)

2.)The firmware can do a check on the system for any mod chip and force a shutdown to the Wii based on a positive result from a BOOT check. Dont think this is possible? There are thousands of virus built on the same premise, it loads in the firmware of a computer (a Wii is just a computer) does a scan of the hard drive for certain information and forwards the info to a malicious person. But this is the other way around, there is code written in the firmware that checks for a voltage drop in a certain part of the system and based on that feedback forces a shutdown, essentially bricking the system. Finally (on this point) look at any Sony PSP room and look at why there are so many firmware updates that do little but improve security. If you want an endless rounds of useless updates that just bloat the firmware into a crappy existence and long load times by all means continue ripping off Nintendo.

3.)Ummm, no I have posted before on this and homebrew doesn't makes sense, since 90% of homebrew out is for the GC. Why not mod a cheaper GC instead of a Wii. You break your GC and its no big deal, you break your Wii and good luck finding another one. Beyond having to wait for a game to be released in your region there is no reason for region free play (and as I have said a worldwide distribution of a game or something for every game would be awsome but unreasonable for ALOT of reasons.) Backups are a BS word for illeagles, jacked, copied games and do not try for one second try to convince me or anyone else that it is different. Also for backups you DO NOT have the right to copy the game. This is a misnomer that people who want a collection of jacked games uses, ignorantly, to justify their usage. Read the license that comes with any game, you do not have the right the copy the game. The digital copyright laws in each nation also states you cannot make a copy of something for which you do not hold the exclusive license too.

Before you call someone out how about doing your own research Life-NOOB.
    Last edited by lasher702; 05-08-2007 at 12:06 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Luke29: I apologize for some of the others who replied to your thread with a bunch of useless info.

Please look at this post as it contains nearly all of the reputable stores that sell and even install the current popular chips. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51085

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Luke29: I apologize for some of the others who replied to your thread with a bunch of useless info.

Please look at this post as it contains nearly all of the reputable stores that sell and even install the current popular chips. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51085

Hmmmm........can't be all that reputable considering they are only hurting their bottom line (no game sales affect them just as much if not more then the developers)......gotta be doing something not so reputable to add to their income......

My addition of info was to state what is obvious (although I need not justify it I will for the sake of argument)....you add one of these mods there is a likely chance with a firmware update you will brick your system. Just because my response was against the idea of a mod-chip doesn't mean it is any less needed. I'll add remember why Nintendo did not want to switch from carts (cartridges) to disc.

Ads