LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Nunchuk ......do you need four?

Hey, since before sept 14, ive always thought that the wiimote and the nunchuk would be sold together. But now it seems that u will buy the wii-mote for 40, and the nunchuk for 20. That's a bit pricey against what i was expecting (the GC controllers were around 26 apiece)

So it really hurts the budget. But my question is, is what multiplayer games will need more than one nunchuk?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    If your friends don't have their own Wii, what kind of friends are they?

But I'd imagine any multiplayer game you intend to play in person with friends will require a nunchuk for each player. (For games that use it)

Wii Inventory: Wii, Zelda, Red Steel

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by nintendude49
    Hey, since before sept 14, ive always thought that the wiimote and the nunchuk would be sold together. But now it seems that u will buy the wii-mote for 40, and the nunchuk for 20. That's a bit pricey against what i was expecting (the GC controllers were around 26 apiece)

Well, to be fair, it's a better idea to sell them seperately. I mean, what if the nunchaku attachment on one got broke, of the wiimote itself? At least you won't have to buy the entire thing again. Likwise, some games only require the remote to function. Why increase the cost for somebody that won't use a certain attachment anyway? I'd love to know where you could get Gamecube contollers for that cheap.

So it really hurts the budget. But my question is, is what multiplayer games will need more than one nunchuk?
    Well, this is a hard question considering, there are many games out there that haven't specified if they even have a multiplayer yet. If I were you, I'd buy some core remotes, and save up for the nunchaku attachments later (if you're mainly going to play multiplayer on games that only use the wiimote. If you plan to play multiplayer with games that need the nunchaku attachment, then get an extra wiimote and attachment, and just get some friends to bring their own wiimotes. While they're at it, they can bring along their Mii's too.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Well, to be fair, it's a better idea to sell them seperately. I mean, what if the nunchaku attachment on one got broke, of the wiimote itself? At least you won't have to buy the entire thing again. Likwise, some games only require the remote to function. Why increase the cost for somebody that won't use a certain attachment anyway?
    I guess its fine that they sold them separately, but hey, thats still very pricey. 40 $ total would have been fine but 60$? Seems abit too much for a console thats supposed to be 'for the family'.

But when i asked if four nunchuks were necessary, i meant for games that have multiplayer in them like, Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Call of Duty 3, or just any of them that are confirmed. There's alist of the launch titles here

Well, come to think of it.....are there any games that for sure need four nunchuks?

Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    I'd love to know where you could get Gamecube contollers for that cheap.
    nowadays u could just buy an original one for 15 $ on ebay, but gamestop sells them for 25 new. They've always been 26 at gamestop since they came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters
    Back when the gamecube was at its coolest, who regularly ran around with their GC stuff? Only the ppl that had them......

Member #
    Friends

Back when the gamecube was at its coolest, who regularly ran around with their GC stuff? Only the ppl that had them......
    My point is if they don't have a Wii, they shouldn't be your friends.

vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv BlightedArt's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    PLEASE can I quote that in my sig?

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    I guess its fine that they sold them separately, but hey, thats still very pricey. 40 $ total would have been fine but 60$? Seems abit too much for a console thats supposed to be 'for the family'.

True. I was quite surprised by the cost of both the controllers and the console itself, but it's still not enough to put me off (and also the fact that it's Britain is ripping us off, rather than Nintendo's fault). Still what they promised for US. Good job they didn't originally commit to a price for the UK launch...

But when i asked if four nunchuks were necessary, i meant for games that have multiplayer in them like, Red Steel, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, Call of Duty 3, or just any of them that are confirmed. There's alist of the launch titles here

O rite. I see. I'm thinking some of the "simpler" games such as Wii sports, Super Monkey Ball and probably Wario Ware would not require nunchaku attachments.

nowadays u could just buy an original one for 15 $ on ebay, but gamestop sells them for 25 new. They've always been 26 at gamestop since they came out.
    True. There's always something cheap going on ebay. I don't have a paypal account personally though. On the high-street though (in Britain at least), they're quite expensive. Usually around 20 each or something. My fiance still kicks herself because she missed out on an opportunity to buy a bright orange Gamecube controller...

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BlightedArt
    PLEASE can I quote that in my sig?
    Absolutely, as long as the artist is given credit for his masterpeice.

vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv BlightedArt's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Done, and done.
    http://www.gabbly.com/wiichat.com <-live chat with WiiChat users

Member #
    Friends
    most games will probably need the nunchuk to play except the majority of Wii sports/Wii play games since the analog stick is on the nunchuk and you use that for movement on most games, and the movement on the nunchuk is also used quite a bit on some games, make your friends get thier own controller atleast, tell then its only $60 and thier mii will be stored in it for anyone else they are leaching Wii playtime off of.
    If you never try you may never fail, but you will also never succeed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads