+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: SD Card

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5225-4471-7757-0981
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritshotgun
    I'm aware of this, but in order to actually keep the saves and have them work on your friends wii is impossible from what i've heard, the saves save directly to the wii and ive actually tried moving my game saves to my SD card and seeing if it was possible to load from the SD. Not possible.
    I think there might be a way, although I have not personally tested this so I cannot guarantee this will work. If your friend doesn't already have a game save data file for the particular game you wanna play with on their Wii console, try copying your data from your SD to their console, and try it that way. If they already have a game save data file for the game you want to play with your own data, have them transfer their data from their console to their own SD card, and delete their original data, and then transfer yours into their console. Hopefully that made sense.
    Got my Wii on a Friday the 13th.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3529-3597-6053-6688
    Quote Originally Posted by friedriceballer
    I think there might be a way, although I have not personally tested this so I cannot guarantee this will work. If your friend doesn't already have a game save data file for the particular game you wanna play with on their Wii console, try copying your data from your SD to their console, and try it that way. If they already have a game save data file for the game you want to play with your own data, have them transfer their data from their console to their own SD card, and delete their original data, and then transfer yours into their console. Hopefully that made sense.
    Well see, that just means your friend would lose their data. why delete custom chars? should be able to trade between wiis. see what i'm getting at? not that i have any friends with a wii, but if someone I know gets one, and theres a game like that around, it would be easier for each of us to load from one mem card apiece, kinda like the PS2.
    IM CHARGIN MAH LASERZ!!!

Member #
    Friends
    5225-4471-7757-0981
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritshotgun
    Well see, that just means your friend would lose their data. why delete custom chars? should be able to trade between wiis. see what i'm getting at? not that i have any friends with a wii, but if someone I know gets one, and theres a game like that around, it would be easier for each of us to load from one mem card apiece, kinda like the PS2.
    Well, technically they wouldn't lose their data, because in the method I described, they would move their data to their SD card, assuming they had one. But I agree, the SD card hasn't really proved useful for the Wii so far, they need to make it so it can act like a good old school memory card at the very least.
    Got my Wii on a Friday the 13th.

KillaCrgz So HiGh! craigkillercraig's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7255-2084-5635-1535
    is it possible to watch movies from the sd card

Member #
    Friends
    7542-5908-5851-8511
    Is it possible to save VC games in a SD card and just upload it and play in another system?

Member #
    Friends
    4858-2176-4225-4242
    I've read you can watch movies from the SD card. I read it in a Tips and Tricks thread (probably on this forum, could have been another tho).

AFAIK VC games are locked to the Wii they were downloaded on, and all you can do with an SD card at this stage is either watch movies, or temporarly store VC games if you run out of room on the internal storage for more. You have to copy the VC game back to the internal storage tho to play them again.
    "I'm closer now than I've even been to being a successfull human being"

The Wiigle Landed: May 3rd 2007
    WiiGames: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Strikers (257799 826668), Zelda:TP, Mercury Meltdown, Eledees, Mario Party 8, Super Paper Mario
    VC Games: Mario Kart 64, Street Fighter II, Zelda: OoT, Paper Mario

Member #
    Friends
    I've got this old SD card that works on my phone and on my computer, but not on my Wii, anyone got any ideas why ?

Member #
    Friends
    Welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay. Happy gaming.
    I have a 2GB Kingston SD card which you can buy from Amazon.co.uk for less than £10.00. Thats a great deal and it works brilliantly.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Am I Losing Friends? +Maniacal=Maniac+'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4516-7863-9846-6018
    Quote Originally Posted by Momenti
    I've got this old SD card that works on my phone and on my computer, but not on my Wii, anyone got any ideas why ?

What Kind Is It? Is It A Micro/Mini? Cause That Won't Work... It Has TO Be A Standard-Sized SD Card.

Meh

Member #
    Friends
    Do you think the Wii SD reader would recognize a 4GB SD card? I was scoping these out.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820151048

Ads