Copy Data to an SD Card
Important note: To save Wii console data (such as saved games, Messages, etc.) you must first connect your Wii console online and download the System Update. For more information on connecting your Wii console online, please click here.
1. To copy Wii game save dataInsert a compatible SD Card into the SD Card slot on the front of the Wii console, just below the disc drive.
2. Access the Wii Data Management screen (how to).
3. Select the file you want to save and select "Copy."
4. Select "Yes" to "Copy to SD Card."
Please note that while it possible to copy Virtual Console games to an SD Card and load onto another Wii console, the games will not be playable if they have not been previously downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel to that particular Wii console.
To save Message Board data to an SD Card
1. If you get a message on the Wii console that there is no more room for additional Message Board data, insert a compatible SD Card into the SD Card slot on the front of the Wii console.
2. Confirm that you want to save data to the SD Card.
3. A set number of messages will be saved to the SD Card, starting with the oldest messages.
Please note that if you do not insert an SD Card after the memory-full message, the oldest messages will be deleted automatically.