LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

This is just CRAZY

I am am confused now here is why...
    I have 10 games for my Wii 8 of which work all the time but 2 titles i brought together on the same day SSX BLUR and TIGER WOODS 07 take about 6 or 9 times to boot up i:e when i put them in i get "unable to read disc" they have no marks on them and are well looked after.
    At first i thought maybe my Wii was dodgy but how can it be when the other 8 games work flawless.........
    So i took them back to the shop and had them both replaced with NEW copies and guess what.....STILL THE DAMN SAME.......
    only work after about 9 attempts

Why could this be ????????
    someone must have the same kinda problem as i'm lost
    I still play them but it's a bitch booting em up

Member #
    Friends
    4842-2271-0989-9857
    Do you leave discs in the Wii while its off??

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by adamkilla2002
    I am am confused now here is why...
    I have 10 games for my Wii 8 of which work all the time but 2 titles i brought together on the same day SSX BLUR and TIGER WOODS 07 take about 6 or 9 times to boot up i:e when i put them in i get "unable to read disc" they have no marks on them and are well looked after.
    At first i thought maybe my Wii was dodgy but how can it be when the other 8 games work flawless.........
    So i took them back to the shop and had them both replaced with NEW copies and guess what.....STILL THE DAMN SAME.......
    only work after about 9 attempts

Why could this be ????????
    someone must have the same kinda problem as i'm lost
    I still play them but it's a bitch booting em up
    The discs are cream crackered. It happpens from time to time, bearing in mind these a mass produce, a couple go wrong. You seem to have that couple.

Take them back and get a replacement. The only other thing methinks it could be is if the discs are scratched on the bottom. NO disc should take that long to load.
    Original Wii owner: December 8th 2006
    Games owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Monkey Ball, Rampage Total Destruction, Excite Truck, Red Steel, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Warioware Smooth Moves, Tiger Woods 07, Cooking Mama, Rayman Rabid Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Mario Party 8, Boogie.

Member #
    Friends
    That's weird and scary. I don't want this to happen to me outside warranty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiily Good
    That's weird and scary. I don't want this to happen to me outside warranty.

I'm afraid you'll never be able to avoid it. Like everything you purchase in life, sometimes a duff copy makes it out there. Fact of manufacturing. Just take it back immediately then you have no worries.
    When I bought Wii Play, the remote didn't work. Took it back got a new one. Easy as Pie.
    Original Wii owner: December 8th 2006
    Games owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Monkey Ball, Rampage Total Destruction, Excite Truck, Red Steel, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Warioware Smooth Moves, Tiger Woods 07, Cooking Mama, Rayman Rabid Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Mario Party 8, Boogie.

Ads