Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HD cables?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4697-7108-2206-9203

HD cables?

ive seen on best buy hd components for wii at bestbuy and i have a tv with the blue and green components in the back of my tv if i buy this will it work on my tv or do i have to already have hd for it to work
    i got:madden 07-08,pirates: at worlds end,zelda,call of duty 3,warioware,wii sports,need for speed: carbon,red steel, prince of persia, spiderman 3,metroid prime 3,VB:R Virtual console:Super Mario 64,Gunstar Heros,Toe Jame & Earl,Street Fighter 2 & Turbo,Mario Kart 64,Super Mario World,Street Of Rage,Zelda 1 & Orcarina,Star Fox,China Warrior,Super Mario 2

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wow, no offense but your post is hard to understand. I think I got the jist of it though.

If your TV has component inputs, you likely have an HD TV. Not 100% though. My brother has a Sony Wega 26" CRT TV which has component jacks, but it's NOT HD compliant.

Now, all that said: The Wii through components will output 720x480P and standard digital images. You should be ok to use component cables.

However, don't buy them from BB. Way too expensive. You can get a set for $10-$20us which are just as good (even on my 55" HD-RPTV).
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    Go here to get the best deal on cables. They're only $9.99 and includes shipping.

Ads