LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii to PC Monitor! Advice needed desperately! Thanks!

Hey there.. I am looking to get my Wii setup to my Pc Monitor which is a Compaq P1220.

I've read numerous threads and discovered that the best way to get a good picture is via, Component cables going into a Component VGA adaptor box. I've seen many composite VGA boxes and only these few RGB Component VGA boxes, it there much difference in quality?..

Would some technically minded person tell me which would be the best box to buy... out of =

1. http://www.consolesandgadgets.com/ca...oducts_id/1867

2.http://www.consolesandgadgets.com/ca...oducts_id/2418

Also i'm a little weary that i'll have to keep unplugging my Wii to connect to TV to play virtual console games that dont support progressive scan? is this the case. I'm a little bit confused by all the information! HeHe

If someone could make a suggestion on the best box for me to buy in the UK and confirm wether VC games would work on it or not. Thankyou.

Nick
    Last edited by Mercillus; 05-28-2007 at 12:53 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Please can someone reply!

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I'm not sure which one you would want out of those but they seem pretty expensive. Maybe they are just more expensive in the UK. If the games don't support progressive scan it will probably just display in interlaced so I don't think you have to worry about that. If you are just hooking it up to your monitor so you can get progressive scan, then I would leave it on your TV.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Well.. my thinking is. I have a TV that is about 3 years old but i am unsure if i can hook up a RGB scart as i have no cable therefore it'd only be composite or plain scart... I have a lot of space in my room but only if i hook up the wii to my PC monitor which is 22inch. I wanted the wii to look as good as poss and make the most out of the space i have, so i figured it'd be a good idea to get it hooked up to my pc monitor. HD quality image for &#163;50quid i thought was worth it as a HD tv would cost me a lot more.

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    But its not HD, because the Wii can't output HD, only ED, which is only slightly better than SD.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Ok let me cutt to the chase and explain my story! *smiles*

I sold an account for an mmorpg and wanted to get a wii for a bit of fun. I thought long and hard on where i would put the wii in my room when it arrives tommorrow or wednesday. I thought i could link it up to my PC monitor however i would have to buy connectors. But it would be 480p and make it nice and easy just to have the Wii running through it with better graphics than a normal TV.

I purchased a TV the other week a Thomson 28Wr22u Widescreen TV. Only cost me 25quid i thought i could put the computer in another room and have the new TV in my room hooked up to Wii via a better cable, as im never impressed with graphics on composite. I thought i could get a RGB scart but i'm unsure if it'd work as there is no info on the internet on my TV model and it didn't come with a manual. I hear that if you get the RGB scart cable its pretty big improvement on picture quality. But i don't know if that'll work.

So im kind of unsure what to do now.. hense i want as good a gaming experience as possible.. using either the computer or my new TV.. which im considering selling...

Dilemas Dilemas..

Member #
    Friends
    If anyone could advise me it'd be greatly appreciated

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    What size is your TV? To see if it has scart, can you not just look on the back of your TV?

Member #
    Friends
    It has scart.. but supposedly not all tv's are RGB Scart Compatible,
    My tv is 28inch widescreen

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Nin...0385689&sr=1-1

that is the official rgb scart

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Sorry but I know very little about scart as we don't have it here in America.

Ads