LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45
  1. #31
    Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    137
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    London, England Rank: i-wii-sistable
    Posts
    3,592
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    someone that doesnt like the wii, is making excuses not to buy it and telling us for some reason.

    i dont give a fudge.

  2. #32
    prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    837
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    the moon
    Posts
    1,933
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    me too not getting the wii get outta here

  3. #33
    WiiChat Member critofur's Avatar
    Member #
    1891
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroidZ
    someone that doesnt like the wii, is making excuses not to buy it and telling us for some reason.

    i dont give a fudge.
    No.

    Well, maybe you don't give a fudge, but, you're not correct about me not liking the Wii or about me making excuses. It's not an "excuse"?

    I like the Wii, I like Nintendo, though I'm not a fanboy. I dispise Microsoft and think Sony probably deserves to go out of business after how poorly they've been treating their customers (illegally installing spyware/rootkit on our PCs, etc...).

    I don't want to pay $59 per game ~ so... Wii is the obvious choice. I understand if Nintendo doesn't want to pay a DVD licensing fee for each Wii they sell but there's no excuse for not selling the option seperately.

  4. #34
    WiiChat Member critofur's Avatar
    Member #
    1891
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiired
    So what ur sayin is.. ur cool with buying a DVD player for 179 coz it looks cool.. when u can buy a DVD player for like 20?...
    I don't understand what you're asking?

    I don't want to buy a DVD player. I want that functionality to be a part of the one device that I decide to put under my TV (whatever that may be), and I would prefer that device to also be: small, reliable (no Windows crashing), under $300, plays some games.

    I suppose "it looks cool" is part of the reason why I want small, but not the only reason.

    Now my wife is telling me: "let's just buy a $50 region free DVD player", then if we get that she'll say "let's put away the console". So we'll put that away in the basement or something and we just won't get around to playing any console games when we want to because it will be too much trouble to go get it and set it up then put it away again when we're done.

    If I use a console as a DVD player it will always be there and ready to play a game if I want.

  5. #35
    Aka The_Toilet_of_Doom :P wolf231's Avatar
    Member #
    1274
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    839
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by critofur
    Oh yeah, that's another issue. It's so annoying that we have to use two seperate Playstation 2 consoles, one for my wife's games from Japan and one for my US games. It's beyond annoying. We'll be spending some time here in the US and some time in Japan and we'll probably bring some of our games/movies wherever we go. It's not tolerable to have them not be usable, it's rediculous. If I want to import a game, or buy a game while I'm in a foreign country, I want that to be MY choice, not controlled by some company. After all, I am the one paying for it.

    In the future, I don't think I'll be giving my $$$ to any company who's hardware can't be made region free. The companies are only ENCOURAGING mod chips by their assinine behavior (region locking).
    But with your Ps2 can't you stick a mod chip in that.

    "When death is entreated, the battle is decided! " said by Liquid Snake

  6. #36
    vv OMG Emo hampster!! vv BlightedArt's Avatar
    Member #
    1694
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    448
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by critofur
    If I can watch DVDs on a WII I'll buy one, absolutely. I love how small it is, I've got a little kid, and a Japanese wife who loves video games. I think we'll really enjoy a WII. But, part of the reason I like it's small size is would be 'cause I'd love to have such a small ---------------
    playing and a 2nd controller. Ok?
    I heard the reason why the Wii is going to be so cheap is because they got rid of the DVD function.

    I don't mind cause we have a DVD player, PS2 and Xbox360 in this house, so we're sweet as far as DVD playing goes.

    However I'm sure Nintendo took this all into consideration, there'll be some way sooner or later that'll allow your Wii to play DVD movies etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters
    If your friends don't have their own Wii, what kind of friends are they?
    http://www.gabbly.com/wiichat.com <-live chat with WiiChat users

  7. #37
    WiiChat Member therook's Avatar
    Member #
    170
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    102
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by critofur
    If I can watch DVDs on a WII I'll buy one, absolutely. I love how small it is, I've got a little kid, and a Japanese wife who loves video games. I think we'll really enjoy a WII. But, part of the reason I like it's small size is would be 'cause I'd love to have such a small device replace my home theater PC. I had a nice 5 disc Sony DVD changer which died a while ago. I don't want to buy a new seperate DVD player. If I can't play DVDs on a WII then I'll get a different console.

    Nintendo: if you must sell WIIs without DVD playback, then please, at least offer say a "special edition" WII for $50 more with DVD playing and a 2nd controller. Ok?
    dont get a wii... this means people who actually want one will have a better chance of getting one... go buy yourself another 5disc DVD changer... I mean wtf?

    if thats your reason for not buying a GAMES CONSOLE because it's not part DVD PLAYER... my god...

  8. #38
    Aka The_Toilet_of_Doom :P wolf231's Avatar
    Member #
    1274
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    839
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Yeah therook is right, there is no point buying a console just for the dvd player...just buy a dvd player.

    "When death is entreated, the battle is decided! " said by Liquid Snake

  9. #39
    WiiChat Member critofur's Avatar
    Member #
    1891
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf231
    But with your Ps2 can't you stick a mod chip in that.
    Yeah, and I did that. But stupidly, and unfortunately, mod chips are illegal.

    I was really glad when I saw a mod chip company win a court case in Australia (though I am in US).

    Unfortunately my PS2 doesn't play DVDs very well, I think because it's old and there's some problem with the laser, though it plays all my PS2 games fine.

    When I get a Wii we'll put the PS2 away in storage so I'll need to mod the Wii, I hope they have the chips ready for Wiis soon!

    To the people bitching at me: If you actually read any of my posts you'll see that I never once said that I want the Wii just for playing DVDs. What I said was: I want a Wii and I don't want a seperate DVD player.

    To the other people: I hope you're right, hopefully the Wii will be able to play DVDs, one way or another, be it an add on, mod, or software hack whatever.
    Last edited by critofur; 09-28-2006 at 07:10 PM. Reason: typo

  10. #40
    UNACCEPTABLE The_Mitch's Avatar
    Member #
    648
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Milford Ohio
    Posts
    3,145
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    i understand when you say you want just one thing under your TV but from what im reading on the net about Wii and DVD's, it doesnt seem like its gonna ever support DVD's untill its modded (just like the GC lol). dont listen to the morons telling you to just get both. they obviously cant read lol. personaly i dont care how many wires i have behind my TV because i never see them but sometimes when im taking say my 360 over to a friends house, its kinda hard to seperate the wires but lately ive started organizing them. anyways just do what you feel is better.


    OFF-TOPIC:
    does your name mean Christopher? if so, critofur is what my friends little cousen calls him lol

    KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.


    Thanks DBloke for the sig

    I miss my weighted companion cube

    Spoiler Alert!


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

reasons nintendo wii no dvd homebrew

Click on a term to search for related topics.