LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by therook
    dont get a wii... this means people who actually want one will have a better chance of getting one... go buy yourself another 5disc DVD changer... I mean wtf?

if thats your reason for not buying a GAMES CONSOLE because it's not part DVD PLAYER... my god...
    Therook you are obviously too retarded to read so do society a favor and kill yourself.

with that taken care of i feel for you Crit but you posted in the wrong forums, only 10 yr olds hang here as you can see from the replies you've gotten.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    This thread went about 2 and 3/4 pages to long.......the dudes question was answered on the first page....the Wii is going to be able to play DVD's you just need to buy an add on for it, and yet people still misunderstood what he said even though it was plain as day and bitched about him only getting a Wii for a DVD player, which isnt true....however what he did say was that he wants the system for DVD's and games therefor he doesnt have to have a bunch of wires and problems with the DVD player....., and i agree 100% with what Ashenshugar said above me ^^^
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    Quote Originally Posted by JCpackers05
    This thread went about 2 and 3/4 pages to long.......the dudes question was answered on the first page....the Wii is going to be able to play DVD's you just need to buy an add on for it, and yet people still misunderstood what he said even though it was plain as day and bitched about him only getting a Wii for a DVD player, which isnt true....however what he did say was that he wants the system for DVD's and games therefor he doesnt have to have a bunch of wires and problems with the DVD player....., and i agree 100% with what Ashenshugar said above me ^^^
    Sorry, but you are mistaken. Wii will not have DVD playback.

Here's the article from IGN:
    September 14, 2006 - Nintendo of America's vice president of marketing and corporate affairs, Perrin Kaplan, confirmed to IGN Wii today that its forthcoming Wii console will not play Hollywood DVD movies. The decision to remove the functionality was made in order to deliver the machine at a cheaper cost and because most people today already own DVD players.
    Source
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Member #
    Friends
    I am surprised that people still judge video game consoles based on their ability to play DVD movies. Call me crazy, but I buy video game consoles to (imagine this) play video games. Soon, someone like Sony will attach a coffee maker to the console, and then people will freak out and say, "Dude, Nintendo left off the coffee maker. I'm so buying the X-Box 720."

I'll admit that it is handy to have a DVD player available on the side, but when I look into buying a console, I focus on gameplay quality and game selection. The Zelda series alone maintains my loyalty to Nintendo.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Void
    what no DVD on WII!!!!

t.t

I would prefer to have a console that can play games, music, AND DVD that way i dont have to have so much crap in my room. I like to keep my room clean so the less crap in there the better.
    I can't believe people would be so idiotic as to not buy a wii because it doesn't play dvds! DVD players are ten-a-penny. Tesco are selling a DVD player for under 20!!! And it's tiny so you'd hardly notice itunder your TV. I think Nintendo have done the right thing. 90% of people own a dvd player now anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads