LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wii BKP games - copying???

Im sorry if this is a forbidden topic, if it is, please, delete this thread.

I would like to know if its possible to copy Wii BKP DVDs. I know you need a certain specific drive to read a original disk, but I would like to know if the same thing applies to a already BKP disc.

Im asking because I put one BKP disc in my XP Home DVD drive and the disc appears as blank.

Again, I apologize if this topic is forbidden here.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7081-4874-6456-6678
    To my knowledge it is not possible, nor would backing up a backup be worth the time and effort due to the loss of quality in it. I attempted to do this using a cd-rom drive that can read retail discs.

Member #
    Friends
    You can do it manually with most DVD drives but it takes a considerable amount of time (50 plus hours). There are a few specific models of DVD drive that allow reading of the disc directly.

My only question is why? If I make an image of a game and download an image online they will be exactly the same byte for byte. (unless someone applied a patch of course).

I don't know what the hell sadistblue is talking about.

Member #
    Friends
    7081-4874-6456-6678
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    You can do it manually with most DVD drives but it takes a considerable amount of time (50 plus hours). There are a few specific models of DVD drive that allow reading of the disc directly.

My only question is why? If I make an image of a game and download an image online they will be exactly the same byte for byte. (unless someone applied a patch of course).

I don't know what the hell sadistblue is talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by mabhz
    I would like to know if its possible to copy Wii BKP DVDs
    By that sentence he is asking if it is possible to copy a Wii Backup Disc (Assuming Physical) DVD. That is directly asking if someone burned a Wii ISO to a disc. Then attempted to 'copy' that already burned backup disc to another source disc/iso.

It could just be that he misworded it or I just plain suck at grasping people's questions. Anyways the answer remains to be that most dvd-rom drives cannot read the wii disc itself. Nor make backups unless one of the recommended LG drives by forums. An already backed up disc applies to the same rules. Only a backup cannot be backed up again to an iso/or other discas a retail disc can.

Member #
    Friends
    Im new to this site but I think you are asking are you able to backup or burn a game? If that is what you are asking this is a great explanation of how you back-up and burn games. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/471073

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SadistBlue
    It could just be that he misworded it or I just plain suck at grasping people's questions. Anyways the answer remains to be that most dvd-rom drives cannot read the wii disc itself. Nor make backups unless one of the recommended LG drives by forums. An already backed up disc applies to the same rules. Only a backup cannot be backed up again to an iso/or other discas a retail disc can.
    You are probably right. If that is the case the best answer is "its not worth the trouble"

Ads