Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    honesty is my only excuse FR3344LL's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    Of course Microsoft said that, none of their games are in 1080p.
    really?

what about Virtua Tennis 3, and some EA "street" basket ball game?
    plus more to come no doubt.

it's all bollocks anyway.

Wii @ 480p/60fps looks very nice
    Xbox360 @ 720p/60fps looks even nicer

the 360 games which support 1080p will only "be" 30fps max.

i'd prefer 720p @ 60fps every time.
    Ste

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by FR3344LL
    really?

what about Virtua Tennis 3, and some EA "street" basket ball game?
    plus more to come no doubt.

it's all bollocks anyway.

Wii @ 480p/60fps looks very nice
    Xbox360 @ 720p/60fps looks even nicer

the 360 games which support 1080p will only "be" 30fps max.

i'd prefer 720p @ 60fps every time.
    Agreed. Not that I am afraid of 1080P ... I'd definitally like it for high definition movies ... but gaming, I'm not too sure.
    I'm suprised with the quality level of 480P - 720P must really own. I unfortunately don't have any media that outputs 720P ... the maximum I've ever seen is 576P.

If BlueRay cheapens down and becomes a big success, I might invest my soul in a BlueRay player. Just for the HD movies ... but, will all the classic videos (example, Super Mario Bros. Super Show) be converted to BlueRay? I know the media won't be high definition ... but I only want one DVD/BlueRay player (maybe even a device that does HD DVD and BlueRay in one)... you know, seeing as all my old DVDs of my favourite animes are made available or will scale up or something ... without quality loss, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    It wasn't my original source but this simplifies it l
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080i#1080i_vs_1080p

For example nearly all older console games like the NES or Genesis or even the playstation output a 320x224 signal. This shows up on your 480i screen just fine but the pixel count is pretty low

After you've removed my name from your post, PM me with further sarcasm... I don't want to risk a no-posting ban.
    Last edited by LuzTeTT; 06-23-2007 at 12:22 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I assumed you frequented the Woolworths in Darwin which is near Smith st but actually a block over on Cavenagh & Whitfield.

Post edited.

I really thought you owned the car at first because Australia has so many grey market japanese models. I've never been to Darwin but I have spent alot of time in Manley NSW
    Last edited by ciper; 06-23-2007 at 12:23 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Off topic! >.<

I assumed you frequented the Woolworths in Darwin which is near Smith and Knuckey st. Post edited.
    No, not that one. I thought you were American ... ? Are you Googling my city? >.<

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LuzTeTT
    Off topic! >.<

No, not that one. I thought you were American ... ? Are you Googling my city? >.<
    I looked it up on the woolworths australia website. Thought you still lived in Darwin. Wasn't that your summer job?

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Off topic... >.<

I looked it up on the woolworths australia website. Thought you still lived in Darwin. Wasn't that your summer job?
    Hmm.. cool.
    I live in Darwin .. always have. It's not my summer job, It's my JOB. Possibly career...

Member #
    Friends
    You may hate me for this but the three biggest reasons I like australia:

Japanese Cars
    Chinese Girls
    Nice beaches

It pisses me off that you get so many V8 AWD cars that aren't available here. Its just not fair.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Super off-topic.
    You may hate me for this but the three biggest reasons I like australia:

Japanese Cars
    Chinese Girls
    Nice beaches

It pisses me off that you get so many V8 AWD cars that aren't available here. Its just not fair.
    They are a standard, aren't they? Every country has different kinds of cars at different cui ... I'm sure your state (province?) has more Ferraris than we do in the entire country. Not that I'm interested in them or anything ...

I don't really think cars should be judged on the amount of cylinders they have or the drive-train ... a good car is a good car..
    Besides, Australians make big deals of something called the "V8 Supercars" ... infact, it's on tommorow. All the employees at work didn't come today because they were going. Big whoop ... you're watching poorly modified fat cars drive around a track with the brakes tied down. That's freakin' awesome. >.>;
    I don't know about the beaches ... they're okay, but ...
    Chinese girls? ...
    Okay.

I've never seen a V8 AWD in my life, though. My favourite AWD is a Subaru Impreza WRX ... Hardly a V8. o.o;

Why don't you come here, then? My family takes kindly to car enthusiasts, you can stay with me. =P
    I'll vs you on GT Pro Series. xD

Member #
    Friends
    While my current favorite car is a Japanese built Subaru Liberty (legacy) I also really like the feeling of a large car with lots of low end torque and no turbo lag. We have absolutely zero AWD V8 cars and NO imported vehicles.

Whats worse is that the emissions standards stop you from making any worthwhile changes to the car. If you want power the car becomes unusable on public roads.

I buy a lot of parts for my project car from Australia because Subarus were not popular here at all until around 2002 when we got the first WRX. Right now I'm using breaks and suspension bits from an 02WRX modified to work on my Legacy

I will probably sell my Alcyone this weekend. Its the flat 6 (er27) and I don't have the time to work on it anymore. It even had the viscous center diff that was lockable electronically!

The beaches in AU are significantly better than what we have in the states
    In the US there are 4 major type of Chinese girls
    ABC
    Taiwanese
    Hongkees
    Mainlanders

We have a HUUUUGGGGEEEE number of ABC and I find them mostly useless and annoying. Taiwanese are fun to hang with but usually aren't that good looking. Hongkees are way too materialistic and usually part crazy. Mainlanders from a big city are my favs and I noticed that Australia has a way higher percentage of them than here.
    Does that make me racist?
    Last edited by ciper; 06-23-2007 at 12:57 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    While my current favorite car is a Japanese built Subaru Liberty (legacy) I also really like the feeling of a large car with lots of low end torque and no turbo lag. We have absolutely zero AWD V8 cars and NO imported vehicles.

Whats worse is that the emissions standards stop you from making any worthwhile changes to the car. If you want power the car becomes unusable on public roads.

I buy a lot of parts for my project car from Australia because Subarus were not popular here at all until around 2002 when we got the first WRX. Right now I'm using breaks and suspension bits from an 02WRX modified to work on my Legacy

I will probably sell my Alcyone this weekend. Its the flat 6 (er27) and I don't have the time to work on it anymore. It even had the viscous center diff that was lockable electronically!
    We have absolutely zero AWD V8 cars and NO imported vehicles.

WHAT? That's crazy! Surely somewhere in the underground of your city, some crazy guy is burning his tyres in his newly imported Evo! >.< I mean c'mon, even if you live in a remote hillbilly town somewhere down ye olde west, somebody has to have an import. I thought there were no Italian muscle cars here ... boy was I wrong.

If you're so serious about it, just come here ... really... it might be a bit of money loss, but once you get a job and start saving you can work your way up and buy all the cars you couldn't have got over there.

Try telling that to any driver down here ... I don't even think my mother has a road worthy certificate.

Why don't you buy an American car?
    Isn't America like that crappy car movie ... Fast and Furious ... why don't you go to what ever city that is, they had a lot of imports in that movie. If the underground is really like that in the U.S, then you guys are flamin' with imports. =P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Ads