LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6891-3023-1981-2249
    I wouldn't worry too much about it since Nintendo will replace the Wii, if you called in for the warrenty.

I was searching around and found this. It might be helpful.

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-...-overheat.html

Member #
    Friends
    My Wii is sitting on top of a UPS and has been connected to the internet and had a disc inserted 24 hours a day 7 days a week since I bought it. I have never had an issue with heat. Mine is vertical.

We should state whether the system is vertical or horizontal. Maybe that is the difference?

Am I Losing Friends? +Maniacal=Maniac+'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4516-7863-9846-6018
    Don't Worry About It... I've Had My Wii On Standby Since Launch!

No Explosion Yet!

Meh

Member #
    Friends
    I've got a problem with mine, after playing RE4 i have weird lines on my screen. Been looking into it & it's artifacts caused by the graphics card overheating, seemingly becoming an increasing problem.

It is caused by WiiConnect24 being left on as the fan does not kick in when this is on.

Member #
    Friends
    7466-2556-3307-9977
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza123
    I've got a problem with mine, after playing RE4 i have weird lines on my screen. Been looking into it & it's artifacts caused by the graphics card overheating, seemingly becoming an increasing problem.

It is caused by WiiConnect24 being left on as the fan does not kick in when this is on.

any links to proof of this? My Wii had been connected to Connect24 since a month after US launch, and RE4 is the game I play most often, and I see no lines.

Definately something. Star Striker's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    My Wii only got noticeably hot once. It melted a little bit of the clear plastic on my LOZ case which was stood against it.

Stevie

Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    omg
    i hate my life......
    if its not a vowel....its a consonant

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosbaughcr
    any links to proof of this? My Wii had been connected to Connect24 since a month after US launch, and RE4 is the game I play most often, and I see no lines.

There's quite a few threads on it over the web such as

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_l...0/139581906/p1

Ninendo UK were aware of the problem when i called them although they have not confirmed it is WiiConnect 24, but most techheads seem to think it is this.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm a new owner of Wii (about 2 weeks) and this is exactly what I worry! I noticed that my Wii got really warm even though I didn't use it al day. I checked Nintendo web site and found out that the reason is most likely from my Wii setting with Wiiconnect24 on. When I turned off that Wiiconnect24, I could feel the difference right away: my Wii was not constantly hot as it used too. What a relief! To be honest, I didn't think that it helped because even though on standby mode (orange light) I don't think the Wii is working because I didn't hear any noise from Wii or that the harddrive is constantly spinning. So why the heck it's getting hot, right? Anyway, do you guys know whether I should leave Wiiconnect24 on or not?

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Johndoe01
    I'm a new owner of Wii (about 2 weeks) and this is exactly what I worry! I noticed that my Wii got really warm even though I didn't use it al day. I checked Nintendo web site and found out that the reason is most likely from my Wii setting with Wiiconnect24 on. When I turned off that Wiiconnect24, I could feel the difference right away: my Wii was not constantly hot as it used too. What a relief! To be honest, I didn't think that it helped because even though on standby mode (orange light) I don't think the Wii is working because I didn't hear any noise from Wii or that the harddrive is constantly spinning. So why the heck it's getting hot, right? Anyway, do you guys know whether I should leave Wiiconnect24 on or not?
    Well you wouldn't hear a hard drive spinning since Wiis don't have HDDs. It gets hot because it is constantly connecting to the internet to see if you have any messages or anything every few minutes. I would leave it on as it won't hurt anything.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Hello-Moto/Go Leafs Go!!! wiiman14's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by +Maniacal=Maniac+
    Don't Worry About It... I've Had My Wii On Standby Since Launch!

No Explosion Yet!
    Just wondering..
    How do you put the wii on standby?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wamoo
    Jeez I can see it now......Robo Hookers for 20,000 wii points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    I forgot to say "w00t one year" about a month ago

Ads