LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Nintendo will be featuring backward compatabiltie for the first time so they'll always use interesting controllers for other consoles. But my greatest concern is how much would the games be if purchased by the virtual console

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by phimuajedi69
    Just found this pic in the gallery, now there are two add-ons to the wiimote, the gun and a cube controller-like attachment!

That brings the different controller options up to what 6? wiimote, gun attachment, classic controller, cube attachment, regular cube controllers (don't know if these will work on wii games, but if they made a wiimote attachment with the layout then prolly), i guess we can assume the dk bongos will still work....

whats next? a steering wheel for the racing games? a hilt for swordfighting?

though i hate to put a little rain cloud over the wii right now, it looks like though the system is going to be pretty cheap nintendo wants to really make that back by selling as many different controllers as they can.

Doesnt the gamecube attachment look bigger or the same exact size

DtD
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Link of Arc
    Doesnt the gamecube attachment look bigger or the same exact size
    The GC attachment is a photoshop >>

^Click to get to Lightning Revolver, your #1 Source for Beyblade info and reviews^

Member #
    Friends
    7219-3868-1848-6260
    Quote Originally Posted by Link of Arc
    Nintendo will be featuring backward compatabiltie for the first time so they'll always use interesting controllers for other consoles. But my greatest concern is how much would the games be if purchased by the virtual console
    Thats one of the biggest questions on everybodies mind. How much will the games for the virtual console cost. I wish I knew but the fact is that we wont know nothing until Nintendo releases some information to us ><;
    Last edited by Jesse; 05-20-2006 at 12:58 AM.
    "To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge."

quote by Confucious

Member #
    Friends
    I would assume it would be a monthly fee to access them online; you can't fit all of those games on Flash memory, can you? So, a monthly fee to temporarily have it on the Flash memory (or permanently?). Either way, I would imagine it'd be something like that. $10 a month with anytime cancellation sounds reasonable to me.

Member #
    Friends
    [QUOTE=Veiron]you can't fit all of those games on Flash memory, can you? QUOTE]

There's obviously a limit to how much you can hold, but with the USB ports perhaps they will allow flash or other external memory storage? Old games are pretty small. For reference I've got some NES roms here the biggest of which are half a megabyte. N64 games will be orders of magnitude larger, anyone know how much?

Member #
    Friends
    The Wii has internet access, so my guess is there'll be a monthly fee for that, and access to the Virtual Console service may be included as part of it.

Member #
    Friends
    For reference I've got some NES roms here the biggest of which are half a megabyte. N64 games will be orders of magnitude larger, anyone know how much?
    I'll go out on a limb and speculate based on your nes roms, i have some gba (snes basically) roms that run 5-6 megs so the n64 roms would prolly be at least 18-20

with the 512 meg built in and two expansion slots for SD cards (which can hold up to 4Gig now i think) there is plenty of room in the system if you want to spend a little extra money.

re monthly sub: i actually think i would like to pay by the game and keep it forever, rather than monthly and run the risk that they protect the files in some way and if you cancel your sub you can't play them anymore. though monthly you could afford to try out some games you know nothing about and you don't lose anything if you don't like them.

Member #
    Friends
    I haven't seen that screen yet, very cool! But... I don't think I could see Nintendo producing that. The gun attachment, yes, but not this. It looks like all the controls are doubled up, the remote and controller's buttons and the same... so this looks fake.
    WiiSports (obviously) / Redsteel / Excite Truck / TC:SO / Rayman RR / Wii Play / Sonic and the Secret Rings / Mad Catz Skinz

Member #
    Friends
    The more that I find out about the Wii - the more awesome it seems. Nintendo really caught Sony on the back foot with something innovative !!! The pictures just demonstrate how much time Nintendo spent thinking about the controller and designing it from the bottom up... unlike Sony who are fast turning their controller into a mess... I am becoming addicted to the movie on the web showing the controller in action (http://www.wii-gaming.co.uk/?p=4)... good job Nintendo...
    ----------------------------------------
    Nintendo Wii - The Console Of The Future

Ads